• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

KE Arms SHTF+ Wrap

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Interesting idea. The only potential problem I can see at first is if you have something mounted on your handguard. But otherwise...

Just what we’ve all been asking for.

The SHTF (Stop Heat Transfer) Wrap is a new option from KE Arms for hot weather, rapid-fire, and other incalescent shooting conditions, particularly with free float tubes. Manufactured in the USA and designed in conjunction with Russell Phagan, the SHTF+ Wrap reduces heat transfer to a shooter’s hand and reduces wear from barricades in training or competition.

Storage in hot environments and rapid fire are both equally capable of making the free float tubes too hot to hold comfortably, reducing the shooter’s effectiveness. The Stop Heat TransFer Wrap attaches around the 9” to 15” aluminum free float tube on your AR15 rifle to reduce heat transfer to the shooters hand. The rifle can be handled normally after storage inside a hot vehicle and during rapid firing of multiple magazines.

So... Ghey option for someone who doesn’t want to wear gloves?

convince me I’m wrong...

KE Arms is based in Arizona where ambient temps can get into 110, 120+ on a regular basis. Guns left in sun are going to get very hot and finding shade isn't always an option. Combine that with the gun heating up from firing and its going to get toasty. I get why KE makes these and why gloves would be insufficient for touching hot metal.

Cold? Wear gloves or mittens.

KE Arms is based in Arizona where ambient temps can get into 110, 120+ on a regular basis. Guns left in sun are going to get very hot and finding shade isn't always an option. Combine that with the gun heating up from firing and its going to get toasty. I get why KE makes these and why gloves would be insufficient for touching hot metal.

clearly my sphere is limited to the 3’ surrounding me — I did not account for the geographic location of the manufacturer, and come to think of it — I don’t think I’ve ever trained rifle/pistol out west, although I’ve certainly baked out in the hot sun plenty while working out in the field on a project site.

Well played sir.

(Although I still think the application is Ghey, although I acquiesce on the design concept motivation)

clearly my sphere is limited to the 3’ surrounding me — I did not account for the geographic location of the manufacturer, and come to think of it — I don’t think I’ve ever trained rifle/pistol out west, although I’ve certainly baked out in the hot sun plenty while working out in the field on a project site.

Well played sir.

(Although I still think the application is Ghey, although I acquiesce on the design concept motivation)

Gloves are sufficient in the Iraqi desert in the summer with machine guns. They’re sufficient for AZ.

I initially thought these were utterly ridiculous because they’re not necessary with professional users of guns.

But then I started to think about CONOPS and use cases for civilians and not just mil/LE. Yes, mil/LE will usually always have gloves on hand, or at least it would be their choice, knowing they’d be handling a firearm. But a civilian may not always have gloves handy when using their firearm. Yes, range days are predictable. But if the firearm is being use for a contingency/grab-n-go/defensive situation, gloves may not be practical or timely to grab and put on.

That said, you won’t catch me with those silly things on my carbines.

Back
Top Bottom