• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kay Jewelers bans uniformed police with gunz

Not gonna lie, I was nervous walking around Downtown Crossing with my wife's engagement diamond. I always carry in Boston anyways though so that day was no different, of course.

I used to get nervous just walking around Downtown Crossing in general. But yeah, I stuffed that box as far into my jacket pocket as I could and tried to look less conspicuous than I usually do.

And this was back before I started carrying regularly. Nothing like carrying valuable property around a sketchy area to make you want to carry a gun.

But anyways, Kay is trash. I bought the ladyfriend a couple sets of diamond earrings from there over the years but they're trash. I know better now and would go somewhere better in the future.

I doubt he will be able to cancel his order. <y guess is he put a significant deposit down on the ring. The mistake he made is that he should have gone to the store initially while in uniform. Then if they denied him entry up front he could have taken his business elsewhere.

Now what he should do is go home and change in to explain c clothes and CC to pick it up. Then reveal he is carrying when he leaves the store and tell them to eff off.

Every Kiss begins with “Kay” according to their commercials. Kiss my A$$ Kays! Over priced mall junk jewelry anyway. I’d rather support the local mom & pop shop.
The guy should have told Kay's management that he is cancelling the sale immediately and they can resell their engagement ring as an overpriced coc*ring! Plenty of reputable jewelers who would be happy to have his business.

With rubber dildos?
images

I used to get nervous just walking around Downtown Crossing in general. But yeah, I stuffed that box as far into my jacket pocket as I could and tried to look less conspicuous than I usually do.

And this was back before I started carrying regularly. Nothing like carrying valuable property around a sketchy area to make you want to carry a gun.

The next time you buy something valuable at the Jeweler's Building try this:
1. Untuck shirt
2. Lower fly to half-zipped
3. Pat your face with rye whiskey
4. Talk to yourself and sing off-key
You will be left alone.

Is it Company Policy ?, or is it just this manager being a Dick ??
I’m Guessing being a dick. Ill also wager he’ll be shown the door by close of biz Friday and officer Romeo will have a brand new bright and shiny and free engagement ring on Kay’s with their deepest apologies.

the sad thing is Kay and most of the rest of the retail jewelers are owned by the same company.... more reason to shop a trusted local jeweler

Signet Jewelers Limited is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry. Signet operates over 3,500 stores primarily under the name brands of Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, and JamesAllen.com.

I use Cormier jewelers in Spencer. My family has used them for a long long time. May not be the cheapest but there good people and treat me well even though I’m not a big jewelry purchaser.

I’m must be drinking too much black coffee because this really has me thinking. What about the armored truck guys doing deliveries and drop offs? Are they armored but unarmed?
The company has to sign an agreement with the Armored truck company that the Guard will come in armed if they refuse the item will not be delivered.
I once had a guy meet me outside his place because he didn't want armed people in his place,and that was back in the 90's.

I may be in the minority here.. but I LIKE this.

I think Kay sucks. It is generating bad feelings for them.

I like that they have a policy that they are applying consistently.

Policies like this are stupid. This exposes their stupidity.

Most of their stores are in malls owned by Simons, and we all know how 2A friendly they are by their signage at the doors

My jeweller is Marcou in Waltham , Belmont, Watertown. Known them for 40+ years. I wouldn't step into a mall jeweller if they paid me.

Kays uses GSI which is a certification service that serves to help jewelers convince customers the stone is good, and is far less reliable than the GIA report you will get from real jewelers. If any diamond merchant tries to impress you with a GSI cert, run.

Funny, this 3rd tier grading service is the very first one mentioned on the Kay page about diamond grading, that completely omits any discussion of the different levels of recognition given the various grading companies.

Last edited:
back pedal already went down this from their FB page
Kay Jewelers
8 hrs ·
After learning of an incident involving a law enforcement officer in Iredell County, North Carolina, Kay Jewelers reached out immediately to the customer and the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office, and we sincerely apologized for the mishandling of this matter.

Our policy is that any member of law enforcement is always welcomed in our store at any time, as a customer or in an official capacity.

We have tremendous respect for and closely work with law enforcement at all levels, and we thank the Office for bringing this to our attention.

We are reinforcing store training regarding all of our Customer First policies, as well as specific policies related to law enforcement, in all of our stores.

The store manager is no longer employed by the company.

Kay Jewelers
8 hrs ·
After learning of an incident involving a law enforcement officer in Iredell County, North Carolina, Kay Jewelers reached out immediately to the customer and the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office, and we sincerely apologized for the mishandling of this matter.

Our policy is that any member of law enforcement is always welcomed in our store at any time, as a customer or in an official capacity.

We have tremendous respect for and closely work with law enforcement at all levels, and we thank the Office for bringing this to our attention.

We are reinforcing store training regarding all of our Customer First policies, as well as specific policies related to law enforcement, in all of our stores.

This doesn't say what that policy is. We can assume, but, you know...

Kay Jewelers
8 hrs ·

Translation:
"Now that this is out in public we sacrificed the manager and will be more discrete in our discrimination in the future."

Not gonna lie, I was nervous walking around Downtown Crossing with my wife's engagement diamond. I always carry in Boston anyways though so that day was no different, of course.
The past two Big Ticket Christmas shopping trips, I've told the jewelry store,
"don't bother putting it in a big brand-name shopping bag -
I'm stuffing the package in my jacket so I don't get mugged in the parking lot".

Translation:
"Now that this is out in public we sacrificed the manager and will be more discrete in our discrimination in the future."
You think maybe right about now the (ex-)manager
is wishing he STFU about "company policy"
and just gave the guy the ring he'd bought?

Back
Top Bottom