• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kamala Harris vows to take executive action on guns if elected president

giphy.gif

And if she's not??? Who's she gonna bang to get into the WH????
She's been asking, "Who do I have to screw to get into office?" Now the answer is us.

She's right. If you sell more than 5 guns a year, you should have to do a background check because 1 in 5 guns are illegal.

I mean, damn. 1 in 5 kids in this world are Chinese. My wife and I stopped at 4.

[rofl]

The crazier the dem candidates get the better we will do in 2020

Want to shut them up real quick?

Demand that the ATF take straw purchases more seriously, mandatory stiff prison time for said crime, and mandatory
stiff prison time for anyone convicted of a violent felony found in possession of a firearm.

They'll never go for it because they'll weep and moan that it would unfairly impact "persons of color".

Exactly. Way too early. At this stage 4 years ago it was Joltin Joe vs. Jeb "Get off my lawn" Bush. Joltin Joe didn't run and Trump showed Bush to be the whiner he was.

In 2005, after extensive lobbying by the NRA, Congress passed the PLCAA, a dangerous law which prevents victims of gun violence from holding law-breaking gun manufacturers and dealers accountable.

Harris believes gun makers and dealers that break federal, state, or local laws – including negligence laws and unfair trade practices laws the PLCAA was designed to undercut – should be held accountable. That’s exactly what she will do as president.

Just want to make sure I'm reading this right. She's proposing changes such that if a law abiding citizen legally buys an item, uses it for something illegal, then a victim can take legal recourse against the manufacturer and dealer?

A car analogy: Joe Shmoe legally buys a brand new VW Golf, decides to break the law and drive while under the influence, and hits me. I have legal recourse against the individual for breaking the law and injuring me, but also against the VW who made the vehicle, and against the VW dealer that sold it to me?

What determines the criteria for negligence? Are they meant to be aware of when people aim to use legal objects for illegal purposes? Just hoping enough suits put manufacturers out of business? I'm not following.

tenor.gif

Can't wait to see what would happen under her plan when a hunter unintentionally hits an endangered animal. Is she going to shut down the gun manufacturer because there's one less [insert endangered animal here]? The ripple effect of the job losses, the local economy hit, less local tax revenue, etc. just make this seem a little far fetched. You want to fine the shit out of them? We can talk about that, but not about shutting someone down for good.

She's just trying to get Bloomberg's Mad Moms to stop creaming in their underwear over ButtGig.

She won't become president, but who says she doesn't end up as AG? I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she's saying all this nutty stuff relating directly to law.

Call me crazy, but I could see her being JUST the right pick for Bernie or Biden. I hope not, because I take her at her word.

Ha, ok. If I sell more than five guns/yr the federal gov will consider me a gun dealer so I expect the ATFE to issue me a class 1 FFL for free, since im a gun dealer now and will be able to buy whatever I want - because executive order.

Ok here's a completely rhetorical question but it is interesting. All these progressives like to talk about gun control but know that it's just meat for the base. It's political poison to pass anything at the national level. So say Harris or Warren come out and say they are vehemently pro 2a. Abolish AWB's, the nfa, everything. Would you vote for them? Would they be better than a typical Republican or are we not single issue voters? I would personally be skeptical.

No Democrat or Republican is going to discuss total abolition of gun control laws until SCOTUS clearly starts applying strict scrutiny on 2A cases. The gun control "debate", to quote Scalia, is about "tak[ing] sides on the culture war." Gun control is a part of the leftist push against traditional American culture, just like the current form of the LGBT movement and the current wave of feminism and the whole racial "debate."

She won't become president, but who says she doesn't end up as AG? I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she's saying all this nutty stuff relating directly to law.

Call me crazy, but I could see her being JUST the right pick for Bernie or Biden. I hope not, because I take her at her word.

For that to happen, the Dems have to win the presidency. We're not going to let that happen, now are we?

Back
Top Bottom