Kamala Harris: ‘We Should Have an Assault Weapons Ban’

Reptile

NES Member
"Assault weapons have been designed to kill a lot of people quickly. They are weapons of war, and Congress has to account," she says.
oe Biden’s VP Kamala Harris on Sunday called on Congress to pass an “assault weapons ban.

When asked on CNN’s “State of the Union” why her and Biden weren’t doing more on gun control, Harris pushed back, noting Biden has already issued executive orders on “ghost guns.”

“We actually, as an administration, have taken action. The president issued executive orders, for example, on ghost guns, and there is only so much, however, that a president can do through executive action,” Harris told host Dana Bash.

“This president, Joe Biden, has a long-standing history of speaking very clearly and unambiguously about the need for smart gun safety laws, back from the time that he was in the Senate through today. But I guess that emphasizes the point that both he when he was in the Senate when I was in the Senate, same thing, we were pushing for legislation. Congress has to act. Because we have to codify, that’s a fancy word for make permanent, make the law, that we agree.”

Harris then evoked the Sandy Hook shooting as justification for banning “assault weapons.”

“We should have background checks. That’s just reasonable gun safety laws. We should have an assault weapons ban. Assault weapons have been designed to kill a lot of people quickly. They are weapons of war, and Congress has to account, Dana,” Harris said.

“I mean, you know, I was recently in Connecticut. Senators Murphy and Blumenthal and the governor there, so many people, the families of Sandy Hook. You know, I honestly thought that when those babies, 26 seven-year-old children, were slaughtered, I thought Congress would act. I thought that would be the thing, and it didn’t happen.”

Bash asked, “But do you think it can happen?”

Harris said, “It has to happen.”

Gun owners across the country have one simple message for Biden and his replacement Harris: Come and Take Them!

I really REALLY want anyone who keeps referring to these firearms as weapons of war and says they are only designed to kill as quickly as possible to PLEASE explain why any local police have these indescriminant killing machines? in what possible scenario does any police force in America, need to mow people down as quickly as possible?

“I mean, you know, I was recently in Connecticut. Senators Murphy and Blumenthal and the governor there, so many people, the families of Sandy Hook. You know, I honestly thought that when those babies, 26 seven-year-old children, were slaughtered, I thought Congress would act. I thought that would be the thing, and it didn’t happen.”
Yup, a little time with bloomers and smurfy will git ya' all riled up. Against my better judgement, I conversed with bloomers one last time a few weeks back. Conversation ended when I recommended "common sense gun control" laws be typed in ALL CAPS as the criminals don't seem to follow them, while the millions of law abiding are hurt by them....one more week...house goes on market, motorhome heads south in search of a quiet place in a free state.

I didn't know the military uses AR15's in combat
I'm too lazy to look for a military designation but there is(was?) a semiauto AR15 pattern rifle used a as a sniper/DMR. Late Chris Kyle wrote about using one of those in American Sniper. I remember him writing about occasionally mating this rifle's upper to M4 lower to gain collapsible stock and auto capability.

Yup, a little time with bloomers and smurfy will git ya' all riled up. Against my better judgement, I conversed with bloomers one last time a few weeks back. Conversation ended when I recommended "common sense gun control" laws be typed in ALL CAPS as the criminals don't seem to follow them, while the millions of law abiding are hurt by them....one more week...house goes on market, motorhome heads south in search of a quiet place in a free state.
Your welcome among us relocaters anytime, with open arms!!
No pun intended!
I was so fargin happy when the northeast was in the rear view mirror but shed tears when we crossed into North Carolina!!

I'm too lazy to look for a military designation but there is(was?) a semiauto AR15 pattern rifle used a as a sniper/DMR. Late Chris Kyle wrote about using one of those in American Sniper. I remember him writing about occasionally mating this rifle's upper to M4 lower to gain collapsible stock and auto capability.
That's an M110 which is based on the AR10 (specifically SR25) pattern rifle which predates the AR15. Actual original AR10s are full auto though, the M110 is semiautomatic. There is the Mk12 that's used off of old M16 lowers, but those are M16s.

These politicians are morons if they think they are gonna make millions of firearms magically disappear from the hands of patriots.

That's an M110 which is based on the AR10 (specifically SR25) pattern rifle which predates the AR15. Actual original AR10s are full auto though, the M110 is semiautomatic. There is the Mk12 that's used off of old M16 lowers, but those are M16s.
I think you're right about it being Mk12. Is it possible that those M16 lowers had auto mode deleted or something?
I clearly remember Chris Kyle writing about swapping lowers when he wanted an auto capability and this Wiki article Mk 12 Special Purpose Rifle - Wikipedia says that the rifle is semi auto but based on M16 lower.

I think you're right about it being Mk12. Is it possible that those M16 lowers had auto mode deleted or something?
I clearly remember Chris Kyle writing about swapping lowers when he wanted an auto capability and this Wiki article Mk 12 Special Purpose Rifle - Wikipedia says that the rifle is semi auto but based on M16 lower.
There was a time in Vietnam where full auto was removed from m16s and only 3 rd burst was in place.

The reason being too many guys were sticking their guns up over the sandbags and letting off rounds. It was something like 20,000 rds per confirmed kill. I have no idea if that's the case or maybe those lowers were still around. I think I read that on the interwebs

There was a time in Vietnam where full auto was removed from m16s and only 3 rd burst was in place.

The reason being too many guys were sticking their guns up over the sandbags and letting off rounds. It was something like 20,000 rds per confirmed kill. I have no idea if that's the case or maybe those lowers were still around. I think I read that on the interwebs
Well 90% of the time they didn’t even see them. “The Jungle”. My father did a tour as a Marine Grunt in the shit and he said he never saw them until after the battle where they were dead or wounded

Well 90% of the time they didn’t even see them. “The Jungle”. My father did a tour as a Marine Grunt in the shit and he said he never saw them until after the battle where they were dead or wounded
That's true too..

But like everything else accounting had to stick its nose in

Back
Top Bottom