• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kalifornia gun laws work of Republicans (including Ronald Reagan)?

I knew that gun control had racial roots, but republicans (including Ronald Reagan) introducing gun control laws?

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/8608/

Quote:
Republicans in California eagerly supported increased gun control. Governor Reagan told reporters that afternoon that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, Reagan said he didn’t “know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.” The Mulford Act, he said, “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”

It's quite an eye opener, if it's true.
Is it?

I knew that gun control had racial roots, but republicans (including Ronald Reagan) introducing gun control laws?

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/09/the-secret-history-of-guns/8608/

Quote:
Republicans in California eagerly supported increased gun control. Governor Reagan told reporters that afternoon that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.” In a later press conference, Reagan said he didn’t “know of any sportsman who leaves his home with a gun to go out into the field to hunt or for target shooting who carries that gun loaded.” The Mulford Act, he said, “would work no hardship on the honest citizen.”

It's quite an eye opener, if it's true.
Is it?
One of the gippers many faults.

Sounds like Mitt. [rolleyes]

BUT...I think today as a society we have evolved (or really re-evolved) since the 1960s/1970s to understand again that providing for your own security is necessary, is legitimate, and is consistent with the 2A. At least in 49 of 50 states.

We need to drop this whole "sports mans" BS.

The 2nd amendment is here to defend against tyranny. I dont know how sportsman are going to defend against tyranny.

Just like when people used to say "you dont need that for hunting." Yeah, no kidding.

I dont know how sportsman are going to defend against tyranny.

this.

unless they get thrown into retard strong mode when someone comes to take the trap gun with doves and a mural carved into it that's never been fired i don't think anyone from the fudd aisle would ever step up should the 2nd amendment be used in it's full capacity to defend against tyranny.

Politicians "exist" to get elected.

Politicians get elected by sensing the public mood, and echoing it, so that all the voters say, "Hey, s/he's smart, cause they say what I think!"

If a person wants to get elected, and says what they really believe, they can have a great career as an also-ran, or a footnote.

Think about it.....reality sucks, at times.....

Reagan also increased the national debt from around $1.1 to $4.3 Trillion (and people wonder why I vote libertarian..)

We need to drop this whole "sports mans" BS.

The 2nd amendment is here to defend against tyranny. I dont know how sportsman are going to defend against tyranny.

Just like when people used to say "you dont need that for hunting." Yeah, no kidding.

Yes, AND individual self defense. Don't forget the Heller decision. But hunting is NOT in the 2A. And when dill weeds like John Kerry that go to "get me a hunting license" 2 weeks before the election, they need to be called out on it -- they are not 2A friendly, they are just pandering and confusing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom