• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kalashnikov felt guilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If my gun killed people, then I, Mikhailo Kalashnikov, 93 years old, a peasant's son, a Christian and Orthodox believer, is guilty in people's death, even if they were enemies," Kalashnikov wrote, according to a report in the Russian newspaper Izvestia."

In other news, decendents of Henry Ford feel guilty for all the automobile deaths around the world...

Sounds like feel-good media made up bullshit. Plenty of quotes and instances referencing how he felt about the use of his invention.

Sounds like feel-good media made up bullshit. Plenty of quotes and instances referencing how he felt about the use of his invention.

Snippets from various reports on the letter:

"Kalashnikov – converted to the religion at the age of 91"
"it is unclear how much of it he wrote himself. Izvestia quotes Kalashnikov's daughter, Elena, as saying she believes a priest helped her father compose the letter."
"The longer I live, the more this question drills itself into my brain and the more I wonder why the Lord allowed man to have the devilish desires of envy, greed and aggression."
"The church has a very definite position: when weapons serve to protect the fatherland, the church supports both its creators and the soldiers who use it,"

"The report of Kalashnikov's letter of remorse comes on the same day that the rifle's manufacturer plans "to sell up to 200,000 hunting and sporting rifles and shotguns in the United States" each year."
"The recently established Kalashnikov Concern, which includes Izhmash, Izhmekh and some other small-arms manufacturers under the famed Kalashnikov brand, is expected to sign an exclusive agreement with the Russian Weapon Company at the 2014 SHOT Show in Las Vegas in January."

"Now if only the NRA will begin to suffer remorse also, over their relentless, irrational promotion of these guns which serve no good purpose, and of everyone's so-called 'right" to have and use them."

Hopefully we can be spared the devilish desire to own one through legislation. [rolleyes]
White Feather

What can be used for bad can be used for good. Pretty pathetic for the media to attempt to guilt him all these years and now after his passing to ascribe his feelings on the AK. He built a fine rifle and he had nothing to do with the ill will or evil in others. If not a rifle, they'd use other means.

This logic points to the creator of TNT should have felt guilt. Wait, what?

I thought his creation was quite Noble.

This logic points to the creator of TNT should have felt guilt. Wait, what?

I thought his creation was quite Noble.

That would be Nobel... you win the prize. [wink]
dynamite%20nobel%20rws%20logo.jpg

White Feather

Last edited:
This reminds me of the Gay/Lesbian lobby's attempt to make many historical figures (Lincoln, Washington) based on out of context remarks or events that the dead can not refute. Revanchist history, if you will. I'd give it about the same amount of regard. Which is to say, none.

I emit methane gas, I must solely be responsible for global warming, must beg forgiveness at the altar of GORE.
Let the man rest in peace, he was a simple tank driver that came up with a tool for his country.

Well Stalin's forces killed a shit ton of "undesirables" using the AK so for that, I guess it can way on you.

There was a story posted a week or so ago in Florida where a man was able to defend himself from four or five assailants using an AK though.

So I guess it's a mixed bag. On net, it's positive.

"If my gun killed people, then I, Mikhailo Kalashnikov, 93 years old, a peasant's son, a Christian and Orthodox believer, is guilty in people's death, even if they were enemies," Kalashnikov wrote, according to a report in the Russian newspaper Izvestia."

In other news, decendents of Henry Ford feel guilty for all the automobile deaths around the world...

LOL. Good analogy.

Like Al Qaeda wouldn't have killed anyone if the AK-47 was never invented [rolleyes]

Kalashnikov did not invent the AK-47, Hugo Schmeisser and his engineers did. That is a fact, and the only guilt Kalash should have felt was that he benefited from a lie and a shameless assignment of the Avtomat to him. Must have been hard to be a liar for so many years and take the lie to his grave. Orthodox believer... Flame on, I had an AK-47 issued to me, and almost lost my right eye in combat because of it. Hated the thing then and hate it now.

Last edited:
Waiting for the discovery of John Browning's letter of guilt.

Richard Gatling felt guilty. Pussy. [laugh]

Kalashnikov did not invent the AK-47, Hugo Schmeisser and his engineers did. That is a fact, and the only guilt Kalash should have felt was that he benefited from a lie and a shameless assignment of the Avtomat to him. Must have been hard to be a liar for so many years and take the lie to his grave. Orthodox believer... Flame on, I had an AK-47 issued to me, and almost lost my right eye in combat because of it. Hated the thing then and hate it now.

Interesting.

If he didn't invent it someone else would have. It is the Law of the Jungle. Why not profit from it?

The crazy thing was it was the top story on Fox, but not mentioned anywhere on CNN! [mg]

That's horseshit, you need to read up on Hugo's bio. Facts my ass. I don't even go into discussing this prejudiced drivel. Hugo was never even at Izhmash, he stayed at the "hotel" off the factory grounds if you want to be technical. Seriously, you need to do more research. Hugo's every day in Russia is well documented.

The whole letter is taken out of context, there is a full version in Russian. Position of church on this matter is crystal clear, any soldier taking arms in defense of motherland is absolved of sin of murder. Even an Orthodox priest can defend motherland. There is no shame or guilt in it. He lays it all out on the table, it's a private letter to the priest, not a ****ing tabloid story.

What Kalashnikov said is that he remembers the time when on battlefield they had one Mosin rifle among three men, and you better believe it, he had been into some serious shit. Name another designer who was on the battlefield at the worst, barely survived, in other words actually knows how shit works not faggotize about theoretical shit in clean room after a full breakfast. That is an essence of AK. Your sore finger, lack of skill or petty complaints are shit on the grand scheme of things.

This shit keeps coming up again and again. Hugo invented AK blah blah blah. I don't hate Hugo, I actually feel sad and sorry for him. He could not find a decent job after the war to provide well for his family and his sick son. Capitalist profits my ass. He was kind of glad to spend 5 years, of pretty much home arrest in Soviet union. Him and other designers, technicians did mostly busy work or designing crap like stamping dies for front fenders for a motorcycle. Hugo love to read popular mechanics and slack off. His handler made complete reports of what he actually did on a daily bases, what he eat and what he shit. You may find those records at Izhmash, they are not classified.

The cycle to design a rifle takes a long time. It's not a "Russian thing", look at ****ing StG ... it was conceived many years before despite numerous attempts to accelerate development. The effort to design the rifle takes a long time, lots of people. It's not some ****ing magic shit that some single genius writes on a napkin and voila, I made a discovery! The tendency of rifles going to smaller rounds has started well during WWI.

This shit keeps coming up again and again. Hugo invented AK blah blah blah. I don't hate Hugo, I actually feel sad and sorry for him. He could not find a decent job after the war to provide well for his family and his sick son. Capitalist profits my ass. He was kind of glad to spend 5 years, of pretty much home arrest in Soviet union. Him and other designers, technicians did mostly busy work or designing crap like stamping dies for front fenders for a motorcycle. Hugo love to read popular mechanics and slack off. His handler made complete reports of what he actually did on a daily bases, what he eat and what he shit. You may find those records at Izhmash, they are not classified.

The cycle to design a rifle takes a long time. It's not a "Russian thing", look at ****ing StG ... it was conceived many years before despite numerous attempts to accelerate development. The effort to design the rifle takes a long time, lots of people. It's not some ****ing magic shit that some single genius writes on a napkin and voila, I made a discovery! The tendency of rifles going to smaller rounds has started well during WWI.

This is true. I've finally got back to reading Hatcher's "Book of the Garand" - and in the book it talks about the US Army doing evaluations on semi-automatic rifles way back during the 1920's. It talks about how Garand's early designs - were up against Pederson and his design which used a .276 round. This was during the 1920's. If I remember correctly the final choice - the M1 Garand - didn't start entering service until 1936 or 37. So there's a pretty big lag there between the time when the smaller rounds were recognized as having a benefit - and when they finally entered service.

That's horseshit, you need to read up on Hugo's bio. Facts my ass. I don't even go into discussing this prejudiced drivel. Hugo was never even at Izhmash, he stayed at the "hotel" off the factory grounds if you want to be technical. Seriously, you need to do more research. Hugo's every day in Russia is well documented.

The whole letter is taken out of context, there is a full version in Russian. Position of church on this matter is crystal clear, any soldier taking arms in defense of motherland is absolved of sin of murder. Even an Orthodox priest can defend motherland. There is no shame or guilt in it. He lays it all out on the table, it's a private letter to the priest, not a ****ing tabloid story.

What Kalashnikov said is that he remembers the time when on battlefield they had one Mosin rifle among three men, and you better believe it, he had been into some serious shit. Name another designer who was on the battlefield at the worst, barely survived, in other words actually knows how shit works not faggotize about theoretical shit in clean room after a full breakfast. That is an essence of AK. Your sore finger, lack of skill or petty complaints are shit on the grand scheme of things.
Boris, no need to get too emotional and horseshit me or send private messages. I have been to places, including both Kovrov and Izhevsk. Discussion ends here.

Last edited:
This is true. I've finally got back to reading Hatcher's "Book of the Garand" - and in the book it talks about the US Army doing evaluations on semi-automatic rifles way back during the 1920's. It talks about how Garand's early designs - were up against Pederson and his design which used a .276 round. This was during the 1920's. If I remember correctly the final choice - the M1 Garand - didn't start entering service until 1936 or 37. So there's a pretty big lag there between the time when the smaller rounds were recognized as having a benefit - and when they finally entered service.

Even within Reich, there were quite a few choices of rounds that were explored. Many choices. What people forget is the context. It's not so much about the rifle, but the need of that particular country, access to resources and infrastructure plus some twists of fate. 7.92x45 or 30?? Was that stolen too? The reality is every self-respecting .mil studies designs from other countries. It's a fact of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom