• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kahr PM9 in Mass?

...I wonder.... if someone like Ruger... is going to make an LCP 9mm. They'd probably make a killing off it.

I was thinking if someone like Kel-Tec made a PF9 Mass compliant, and made it using the same design but with higher quality materials and manufacturing, and charged $50 more, they would make a killing. Ever hear of the Kel-Tec clone Scyy Manufacturing?

He got back to me and said they had a small shipment in. They still are not selling him.

I did ask about the $750 non night sight and $812 night sight model cost and he said I was correct in that. But I am not sure if he was saying I was correct when I asked about them being in stock or the price. Another member mentioned the same pricing.

Oh yeah, you may be right. That is what I meant. Are the frames on the MK9 steel or alloy?

The Mk9 is all stainless.

Kahr only started in '95 and I think the K9 was their first product. If the Mk9 came out before '98, it wasn't much before that and therefore was probably unavailable in MA.

You can buy them in MA already. An FS employee told me that their first batch started selling a couple weeks ago and they sold out FAST.

I talked to Carl yesterday and he said they had not got any more PM9's since the first mall batch they got. He also said they had so many orders they are going to stop taking orders till they fill the ones they have.

They have a display model at FS, and they are still taking orders as of Thursday. Priority goes to those who have paid in full, then those who have put down a deposit, and then those who have their names down for one, and finally, if there are any left, those who walk in and pick one up. Sweet little gun, but the price tag is $750. I'm not sure if I can justify that over a J-frame, but the Kahr feels awesome. It does have that MA trigger that makes me sick, but that can be fixed.

Kahr only started in '95 and I think the K9 was their first product. If the Mk9 came out before '98, it wasn't much before that and therefore was probably unavailable in MA.
Looking through my files, I bought my MK9 from a dealer in MA in 2000. IIRC, the AG's regulations were still being challenged in court and thus weren't being enforced.

They have a display model at FS, and they are still taking orders as of Thursday. Priority goes to those who have paid in full, then those who have put down a deposit, and then those who have their names down for one, and finally, if there are any left, those who walk in and pick one up. Sweet little gun, but the price tag is $750. I'm not sure if I can justify that over a J-frame, but the Kahr feels awesome. It does have that MA trigger that makes me sick, but that can be fixed.

I'm pretty sure the car has the same trigger as the one without the manual safety isn't it?. It is a long trigger pull though.

I've dry fired one. The trigger feels to be about 10lbs but its long and doesnt stack much. Trigger reach is surprisingly long for such a small framed gun. I wonder how it handles with its small size. I might buy it, I'm on the fence.

I just picked one of these up. I have a free state version all black. I took it to the range today. Not good with reviews but here we go. The only thing I own that I would compare this to is a glock 26. I shot Winchester Winclean (which is not that good IMO). I have had a fair amount of duds with this stuff and random ftf on my glocks. I think it is the shape of the bullet or something.
The G26 is heavier and bigger but it does hold more rounds. I shoot subcompacts with the standard mags. I don't understand buying a subcompact and then putting extenstions? The felt recoil between the G26 and the PM9 are fairly similar IMO maybe the G26 a little less. I have standard sights on both but like the G26 ones better. At about 15ft I found accuracy to be about the same. Where it seems to differ for me is get further down the range and I have an easier time with the G26. The PM9 gets the big nod on comfort to carry. You can stick this thing in your pocket holster or not and it is comfortable.

Howitzer, Thanks for the review. Any chance you could take some comparison photos of the G26 and PM9 next to each other to compare size?

An LEO that I'm friendly with swears by this gun. Hopefully, I'll be able to coordinate some range time with him to try it out and let him try my smith'd M&Ps.

jp the Kahr website has diagrams with exact dimensions.

LenS where do you shoot? I have no problem if you want to put a few rounds through it. The only problem is you will want to buy one. I love my glocks but there is just something about the way this fits the hand.

jp the Kahr website has diagrams with exact dimensions.

LenS where do you shoot? I have no problem if you want to put a few rounds through it. The only problem is you will want to buy one. I love my glocks but there is just something about the way this fits the hand.

Thanks for the offer. Mansfield and Braintree.

From the discussion I had with him, I'm 99% certain that my buddy did some gunsmithing to his PM9. Before he went FT as a PO he was a mfr's rep for one of the big gun mfrs and he's been a shooter for many years. IIRC, I sponsored him at two different clubs over the years (the two that I no longer belong to any more).

I shoot at MVGC and MRA. If you are ever north of the city your more than welcome to give a shot. Sounds like it would be more interesting to shoot you buddy's.

Thanks for the offer. Mansfield and Braintree.

From the discussion I had with him, I'm 99% certain that my buddy did some gunsmithing to his PM9. Before he went FT as a PO he was a mfr's rep for one of the big gun mfrs and he's been a shooter for many years. IIRC, I sponsored him at two different clubs over the years (the two that I no longer belong to any more).

Len, if you want to meet up at HSC, you're welcome to try my PM9 also. Just ignore the pocket lint on it.

howitzer and PaulD,

Thanks for the offers. It's rare that I get up in that neck of the woods, but if I have plans in that area, I'll give a shout-out.

I've been busting my buddy's chops to join me shooting for years now, ever since he went FT on the PD he's been too busy with details. I only seem to run into him when he's picking up a sub on the job for dinner. [grin]

Back
Top Bottom