• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kahr PM9 in Mass?

If it is a heavy trigger people will be swapping out the dis connector like they have been with the pps

If they can do that, then I highly recommend the PM9. That said, with the safety in there, I wonder if it will be possible to put a lighter disconnector in.

Was that the only one he had? Also any word on when we will be able to buy it and does it actually have that stupid laser engraving on the top of the slide?

I stopped in yesterday as well and checked this gun out. It does indeed have the engraving on the top of the slide.

I did not dry-fire though, so I am unsure about the trigger pull.

SP

I stopped in yesterday as well and checked this gun out. It does indeed have the engraving on the top of the slide.

I did not dry-fire though, so I am unsure about the trigger pull.

SP

thanks for the update. They are open till 8pm tonight so maybe I will go by after work today and check it out.

Trigger

Some good news. The word I got from Kahr is that the trigger is the same as on the non-MA version, 7-8 lbs. [smile]

Oh, and the printing was REQUIRED for it to be MA legal. [angry]

Some good news. The word I got from Kahr is that the trigger is the same as on the non-MA version, 7-8 lbs. [smile]

Oh, and the printing was REQUIRED for it to be MA legal. [angry]

If I were someone in MA who really wanted a PM9, I would buy that the second it hits the stores. I smell another M&P45 debacle.

I checked one out Friday. The engraving on the top of the slide is not as bad as I thought. Its actually much more subtle. However, the on the extractor is bright red and horriffic. Also I found it nearly impossible to disengage the safety in a quick fashion. The trigger pull was pleasant.

I checked one out Friday. The engraving on the top of the slide is not as bad as I thought. Its actually much more subtle. However, the on the extractor is bright red and horriffic. Also I found it nearly impossible to disengage the safety in a quick fashion. The trigger pull was pleasant.

Who has it? M&M's?

Does the safety have a sort of a detent to it so that it stays in the off position? That's the only thing I'd be concerned about.

-Mike

Now the big question is price...................

If they try selling it at MSRP or above the hell with it i'll still buy a non-MA version.

Last edited:
Now the big question is price...................

If they try selling it at MSRP or above the hell with it i'll still buy a non-MA version.

If you can find a non-MA version, I don't know why you wouldn't buy it regardless.

Does the safety have a sort of a detent to it so that it stays in the off position? That's the only thing I'd be concerned about.

-Mike

Yes it did but I wouldnt trust it. I would have it pinned in the off position by a gunsmith, and remove the indicator, and have it polished to have the bright red lettering removed. It was selling in the ~$840 range if I remember correctly.

$749 is more than a "little pricey" and certainly more than "not bad". Wow!

Go on gun broker and any other free state and see what they sell them for. Even in NH a PM9 is $750. Did you really think they were going to sell for any less? But then again you can always buy the other pocket 9mm next to it that sells for $400. Oh wait a minute, there isn't one. MSRP on that gun is over $1000

Go on gun broker and any other free state and see what they sell them for. Even in NH a PM9 is $750. Did you really think they were going to sell for any less? But then again you can always buy the other pocket 9mm next to it that sells for $400. Oh wait a minute, there isn't one. MSRP on that gun is over $1000

Even in free states, it basically has no competition if you want a real caliber in a pocketable pistol.

+1. The good Kahr pistols are not cheap.... the price is what it is. Kahr probably does not do the volume other manufs do, which somewhat reflects that... the other thing is, they basically have a monopoly on small 9mm pistols. Nobody else is making single stack 9mm pistols in the size factors that they are. (Someone will say Springfield EMP, or one of the Para tart up guns, but frankly neither of those guns are in the same class. ) About the closest realistic competitor is the Walther PPS, and even that is bigger than the PM9 is, but not by much. The downside of that gun is the mags are obnoxiously expensive and hard to get right now, and anything but the flush fit mag is awkward to use.

Kahr did come out with a line of cheapies (the CW series) but they're still not as small as the PM9, and they still sell for like $500 or so.

I wonder.... if someone like Ruger... is going to make an LCP 9mm. They'd probably make a killing off it.

-Mike

Last edited:
I held and dry-fired one at the Powderhorn last weekend. The trigger wasn't too bad but not as smooth as my K40. I believe it was marked for $850. I won't be buying one though. My K40 is plenty concealable for me and a bigger caliber to boot.

+1. The good Kahr pistols are not cheap.... the price is what it is. Kahr probably does not do the volume other manufs do, which somewhat reflects that... the other thing is, they basically have a monopoly on small 9mm pistols. Nobody else is making single stack 9mm pistols in the size factors that they are. (Someone will say Springfield EMP, or one of the Para tart up guns, but frankly neither of those guns are in the same class. ) About the closest realistic competitor is the Walther PPS, and even that is bigger than the PM9 is, but not by much. The downside of that gun is the mags are obnoxiously expensive and hard to get right now, and anything but the flush fit mag is awkward to use.

Kahr did come out with a line of cheapies (the CW series) but they're still not as small as the PM9, and they still sell for like $500 or so.

I wonder.... if someone like Ruger... is going to make an LCP 9mm. They'd probably make a killing off it.

-Mike

The PPS is similar in terms of thickness but the profile is almost exactly the same as the sub compact Glock. In fact, the K and CW series Kahrs might still be smaller. There are some pics on this page that give a good size comparison:

http://www.gunblast.com/Kahr-PM9.htm

The only gun I can think of that competes with the PM in terms of size and caliber is a Kel Tec P11 but those are made to the same standard. Obviously a J frame is always a good alternative but that has its own set of compromises.

An LCP 9mm would be great.

Back
Top Bottom