Kahr PM 9 won't chamber completely

S

SemperGumby

So I have a used PM9 that does not like to chamber much of anything consistently. I took it to the range last weekend and put probably 50 rounds of FMJ through it and it seemed like every other one I'd have to tap the back of the slide to get it to chamber completely. It only takes a light tap to make it go into battery but it's enough to make me not trust the gun or want to carry it. Any ideas on how to remedy this? I even put a few Corbon Pow'rballs through it and it still did it.

I love the gun for it's small size and usefulness but it might as well be a paperweight the way it's behaving. Am I going to need to send it back to Kahr or is there something I can try myself to fix it?

Thanks for any help and ideas you folks might have.

How many rounds through it? The owners manual states that it requires I believe a minimum of 200 as a break in. Glock Talk Kahr forum has a lot on this subject.

I would advise running at least 400 through it before making any decisions.

Yeah, it's a used gun so I'm pretty sure at least the minimum has gone through it. I'm tempted to go out to the range and just put several boxes through it, one after the other to get the break in period over with. I really want to be able to trust this gun.

Thanks for your help.

I'd check that the chamber is good and clean, and the slots where the extractor fits aren't full of gunpowder residue or dirt.

Call Kahr, Dottie in particular.

They'll send you a new recoil spring (probably your issue) for nada.

Try it, can't hurt.

Also make sure you're not riding the slide with your thumbs, etc.- easy to do on such a small gun.

I have a P40 which I am considering selling, but I don't know- I kinda really like it....

kahr problem

i had a similar problem ith my k40; it was the ammo. i was using cheap s&b [the case acutually jammed in the chamber and i had to pound it out with a cleaning rod] for range work, customer service told me not to use s&b for there is a slight difference in specs. from us made 40 cal. i switched to pmc for plinking and everthing worked out fine.[smile][wink]

Jewelers Polish...... Polishing the ramp help reliablity! I do it to every hand gun I own! Helps with cleaning to!

Back
Top Bottom