KAC rear sights legit?

What is with all the KAC rear sights for sale on eBay, forums etc.. for like $50-65 and marked with USMC. They retail for like $170. Are these things legit or some Chinese knockoff?

Asked one seller and he said they came from a government auction. Why would the government auction off an absurd amount of rear sights? Seems odd

I know a guy that came home from Iraq with a case of Wiley-X glasses. I still have a pair or two.

What is with all the KAC rear sights for sale on eBay, forums etc.. for like $50-65 and marked with USMC. They retail for like $170. Are these things legit or some Chinese knockoff?

Asked one seller and he said they came from a government auction. Why would the government auction off an absurd amount of rear sights? Seems odd

linky please...

Some other forums don’t allow USMC labeled sights to be sold on their site. The eBay ones look at the sellers feedback probably legit.

If they are legit, my guess is the Marines decided not to use them any more so they sent all they had, new and used, to Government Auction.
The guys selling them probably bought an Auction Lot of them at auction for far less than what they are selling them for.

Dunno. The website is even titled "Charlies Custom Clones".
This is not the source the op was referring to. The op was talking about the ones on eBay for $60. Charlies customs sells the USMC marked sights for double the price. In other words buyer be aware for the eBay items.

Been doing some more reading here and there and am back on the fence. Some folks saying that the USMC ordered a bunch and then decided not to use them, so they liquidated the inventory via gov auction. This in turn flooded the civilian market and dropped the price way down. KAC obviously not happy about that and spread the word that they ‘might’ be stolen to stem the private sales.

Seems like inventory is starting to wane and prices creeping up, which goes against the ‘Chinese knockoff’ theory. Also, there is also not a flood of front sights which I also think goes against the Chinese theory.

Can’t speak to eBay but I bought a couple at Camp Perry a few years ago and they appeared to be legit take-offs. There were buckets full of them on commercial row that year.

I've heard the same about the stamped ones. Friend came home with some for him and some for his cousin. Stamped through the anodizing.

I think I like them, but I can't get over the concept of having thin and catchable rod sticking out of the top rail.

(Maybe I just like A1 style sights so much. I have a rear cowitnessed with a red dot. And a set of offsets for the optic rifle. )

Been doing some more reading here and there and am back on the fence. Some folks saying that the USMC ordered a bunch and then decided not to use them, so they liquidated the inventory via gov auction. This in turn flooded the civilian market and dropped the price way down. KAC obviously not happy about that and spread the word that they ‘might’ be stolen to stem the private sales.

Seems like inventory is starting to wane and prices creeping up, which goes against the ‘Chinese knockoff’ theory. Also, there is also not a flood of front sights which I also think goes against the Chinese theory.

KAC told arfcom that they’re stolen property.

KAC told arfcom that they’re stolen property.

I would think the MPs at Camp Perry would have had something to say about that if true. I think it’s more likely that they’re .gov surplus sold off through DRMO. I’m sure KAC doesn’t like being undercut with their own stuff.

I would think the MPs at Camp Perry would have had something to say about that if true. I think it’s more likely that they’re .gov surplus sold off through DRMO. I’m sure KAC doesn’t like being undercut with their own stuff.

For one, the NG MPs at Camp Perry would have no idea about stolen Marine property unless they were told to be on the lookout by NCIS and that takes time for an investigation to start depending on when the theft was discovered.

Two, this isn’t about a likely DRMO batch you came across before. This is about a very specific batch that cropped up on eBay in the past 1-2 months.

Back
Top Bottom