K98K

I am interested in picking up a K98K somewhere, but I don't trust many of the ads I see for them right now. Any suggestions, seems like a great gun and a great piece of military history to ass to my collection. What are the general prices at the moment anyway?

Depends. All matching german WWII k98, non RC can be easily over 1000. Rare make, runes etc add to value. Russian captures run between 300-500. Alternatively, many Mauser variants out there. Czech, Belgian etc can be had for reasonable amounts up to mortgage payments. There are many many Mauser k98 varieties to choose from.

What are you looking for? Shooter, investment? There is a k98 for almost every price point between 100-3000.

I am interested in picking up a K98K somewhere, but I don't trust many of the ads I see for them right now. Any suggestions, seems like a great gun and a great piece of military history to ass to my collection. What are the general prices at the moment anyway?

I would love to help, but as Sir Macadoo pointed out some clarity as to what you are looking for is needed!

Do you have a C&R?

I am looking for something I can shot at the range, but also have a little piece of history by owning. I don;t want to buy it then lock it up somewhere just to have it, I want to be able to use it.

Depends. All matching german WWII k98, non RC can be easily over 1000. Rare make, runes etc add to value. Russian captures run between 300-500. Alternatively, many Mauser variants out there. Czech, Belgian etc can be had for reasonable amounts up to mortgage payments. There are many many Mauser k98 varieties to choose from.

What are you looking for? Shooter, investment? There is a k98 for almost every price point between 100-3000.

Friend picked up a yugo 24/47 Mauser its really nice looks new and was under 300 shipped....down side he cant find ammo anywhere.....found one place with 1950s Iran surplus but no ship to mass. Seems like the surplus vaporized last Nov.

Sounds like you would be happy with a common RC (Russian Capture) Mauser. RC (K98k) prices hover around $500 now, but you can find one as low as $350 on the boards if you're patient. Furthermore RC's have the historical value to you of being captured by Russia in WWII and rearsenaled en-mass (mixed) for WWIII as reserve weapons. Of course rare codes cost more. There have been several posts on this topic in the past. Surplus ammo is also drying up.

MS

I am looking for something I can shot at the range, but also have a little piece of history by owning. I don;t want to buy it then lock it up somewhere just to have it, I want to be able to use it.

So a shooting piece of history? and you are looking for a nazi K98K correct? I only ask as many people refer to any mauser action in 8mm as a k98 incorrectly

Back
Top Bottom