• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

K98 Count Down #9 of 10; Bolt MM 1937 S/27 Erma-Werke

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
Last K98 for a while as I have to build up funds for a BSW (there is a RC for $900, but I want to do better).

Bolt MM S/27 1937 Erma-Werke; bolt is mismatched to BLM (e/214 Berlin-Lubecker). All parts match down to the screws, save the capture screws are un-proofed and the cleaning rod is from a South American Mauser. Came with the original muzzle cover, and I added the last of my original slings. Bore is very good. Finish about 75% overall, proofs and serial number on stock is correct, but faint.

T

Last edited:
Leisurely upgrading, probably. I'll need a quality DOT as mine is a mixmaster; that will be the easiest. My Borsigwalde is a RC but a ZF41, and I'd like a Kriegsmarine marked piece to go with my Berlin-Lubecker Luftwaffe piece. I'd like a matched Gew98 as well, but I can't see me chasing down all 12 makes. I'd also like an AC and byf P38 to complete the set there.

This is all in the future as it will take me about a year or so to track down a decent BSW I can afford.

T

Last edited:
Range Report

Range report. Overcast, 77 degrees, humid, light wind. I found 25 rounds of '92 M75 Yugo surplus. Standard 100 yards at the German qualification targets. Rifle shot way left, but elevation was good. I had to move the front sight a fair bit and still had to compensate a little right. I needed three tries to get 5 consecutive rounds in to the right target, but I did it. Unfortunately, someone modified the trigger/sear to single action. I don't think I'll fix it, as it is matching and I have others shooters to play with.

T

Back
Top Bottom