K31

New video from Iraqveteran8888:

Should have put a m1907 sling on it and shot prone!
I think its funny that most of his shots went high.
You would think he/spotter would adjust the sights.
Still like his vids.

I need to drag out the K31 and see if i can still see the rear notch. i need to find something to shoot in cmp vintage.
The rear sight is a little closer that the K98

Should have put a m1907 sling on it and shot prone!
I think its funny that most of his shots went high.
You would think he/spotter would adjust the sights.
Still like his vids.
Yeah his table and rest didn't look terribly sturdy. Not to mention he had the rifle resting on his hand which was on the rest. Seems like you'd get more movement that way? He had the sights jacked up so he was holding extremely low.

I need to drag out the K31 and see if i can still see the rear notch. i need to find something to shoot in cmp vintage.
The rear sight is a little closer that the K98
That's some tough shooting with that tiny ass rear notch. I'm spoiled rotten with that damn scope on my K31. Would love to stretch it beyond 120 yards. I think my K31 is probably the most accurate rifle I own and most capable of shooting at very long ranges. Some day....

Interesting posts.

You will have to work long and hard to come close to GP11.

hdy28ku.jpg

Interesting posts.

You will have to work long and hard to come close to GP11.

hdy28ku.jpg
I think its not hard to do. Iron sights I have posted sub 2moa groups fairly often----now getting those groups in the 10 ring is another issue.
I really have not looked to deep into it but I would like to know what the swiss mil spec is on GP 11 and the rifles also.
Im going to gander that GP is good enough for issue at 4moa. Im sure it can do better as it has for me. They use a high BC bullet which may give it a edge over say a M2 or M80 ball bullet?

Yeah his table and rest didn't look terribly sturdy. Not to mention he had the rifle resting on his hand which was on the rest. Seems like you'd get more movement that way? He had the sights jacked up so he was holding extremely low.

That's some tough shooting with that tiny ass rear notch. I'm spoiled rotten with that damn scope on my K31. Would love to stretch it beyond 120 yards. I think my K31 is probably the most accurate rifle I own and most capable of shooting at very long ranges. Some day....
I wont knock him i have seen him do well shooting . I think this was about as real as it gets. Just took a rifle and ammo plunked down set sights to 1000 and let them rip.

$99? That must have been a friends or family discount!
No they where not that expensive not long ago they where $129 average when I started looking at them but was buying garands and 03s at the time. Mine was $279 when I finally decided to grab one. Before they jump to $500.
If I can sell my mosin nagants I might buy another K31 , match aperture sight set and scope mount

Last edited:
No they where. Ot that expensive not long ago they where $129 average when I started looking at them but was nuying garands and 03s at the time. Mine was $279 when I finally decided to grab one. Before they jump to $500.
If I can sell my mosin nagants I might buy another K31 , match aperture sight set and scope mount
Three or four years ago I was seeing them for $350 so I imagine they were even less before their reputation really got widespread. This reminds me I shot a carbine target on Tuesday but haven't posted it yet.

My first K98 was $100 back in ‘95. When I became educated about K98s in ‘07, I added a reproduction sling, original sight hood, and an original late war cleaning rod and bayonet....and they cost $300.

t

I bought my K31 from a NESer back in 2015 or 2016 and paid about $250 when I subtracted the value of the ammo that was included. Can't believe how much the price has jumped over the last few years.

They came from a large sporting goods chain with four stores less than twenty minutes apart. They had stacks of boxed K31's plus the display rack was full of them so there was a big sale in the weekly flyer. I bought four total gave one to my FFL and one to the owner of the Chevy dealer I worked for. I think it was '91 or '92. I also bought two sealed cases and six loose boxes of GP11 and that cost more than the two rifles I still had. I was sure I was nuts at the time but a sealed case today is almost $500.

Q1fDuCN.jpg

Have a nice day.

DuwnuXw.jpg

I bought my K31 from a NESer back in 2015 or 2016 and paid about $250 when I subtracted the value of the ammo that was included. Can't believe how much the price has jumped over the last few years.
I'll gladly pay you $275 for it, decent profit for a used piece...

Just coming back from CMP New England Games. Despite back trouble and a worse than usual offhand stage including a miss, did well enough to grab a bronze. This thing really likes GP11 but sadly it seems to be in short supply. Only outlets selling it are the ones offering at stupid high prices. Shouldn't Ruag be making a run by now?

Came very close to cleaning the slow prone stage with the last shot barely missing the 10-ring. Electronic targets are nice but they can be a bit exacting, LOL. Yeah, it's going to be tough to duplicate the GP11.

Back
Top Bottom