K31 Swiss rifle - new to me

I am not kidding when I say that if I for some reason I could only keep one rifle out of all I own, the K31 would be it. No hesitation. The machining on this thing would easily cost $1000 to duplicate today. Super accurate, super fun to shoot. Reasonably priced 7.5x55mm brass is always a bitch to find (although mega-buck Norma is still out there), and Berdan primers are almost impossible to find if you want to reload GP-11, but aside from that, the K31 is an awesome rifle.

I've seen surplus ammo by the case up at Collectable Arms in Merrimack
Yeah, surplus GP-11 is out there (which is match grade stuff), and even Privi shows up now and then, along with the Norma. I have a pile of once-fired GP-11 brass, and have worked out a way to easily pop the primers out hydraulically on a single stage press, but finding Berdan primers to reload them has always been a challenge. Too bad, because the GP brass is beautiful stuff.

man i keep reading about the swiss rifles, I know I want at least one to shoot in cmp vintage matches I just dont know which model!

Can't go wrong with either of them.
A G11 might be the best choice because of the loooong line of sight. You might have to swap the front sight
for a taller one when shooting at less than 300 meters, though.

Can't go wrong with either of them.
A G11 might be the best choice because of the loooong line of sight. You might have to swap the front sight
for a taller one when shooting at less than 300 meters, though.
I was thinking the rifle. As for front sights. I'm no stranger to swapping them out. I need to do almost every rifle I have. Plus I try to get wider ones while I'm at it.
My eyes are not getting any better. I figure a rifle and a case of gp11 should last me axlong time.

Shot the K31 for the first time yesterday afternoon. I used the surplus Swiss ammo (nice stuff) and loaded up the magazine. Little bit more of a kick than the old 7mm Chilean Mauser that I brought along but not bad at all.

Set up my steel plate at 100 yards and wow, that is one accurate rifle! Never touched the sight adjustment(s) and hit the plate 20 times in a row. Great ammo, great rifle and great to see the temperature over 30 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom