• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

K1A1/K1 rifles

Hey guys. So I really want to buy a K1A1 rifle(I'm military so I can own one). But I wanted peoples opinion on them and if people still own them or have owned them and how they like them. It's a super interesting rifle to me and is on my gun bucket list to own. Picture for a reference of what rifle I'm talking about. Screen-Shot-2018-01-10-at-6.01.44-PM.png

Good rifles, simple stupid....how much they go for now days? Things to consider is recoil, as they are lighter than AR platforms so might be a little jumpy. Mag change is a little easier too, since the mag well is shorter than that of a traditional AR, so you have a shorter channel to insert mag.

Last edited:
I consider them range toys, novelty and somewhat collectible guns. The gun’s overall length is probably one of the shortest without being an SBR or AR pistols when the wire telescope stock is collapsed. Accuracy is acceptable for a close-range carbine. Very interesting design. You can get better shooting guns on an AR platform but it’s cool in its own way. All available specimens in the US are preban so no military exemption to speak of, it’s just the prenan premium you have to pay.

These are mine: My Rooftop Korean Rifles got an upgrade (Daewoo K1A)

Theres some kind of exemption in this state.
Nephew was able to get all kinds of "not for plebs" stuff from a non-mill ffl for being active Chair Force.
Standard mags too.

In CT there IS some kind of weird hole in their AWB for people in the military (even off duty) I know it does mags, may be fully exempt from other garbage there but not sure.

It's not something any free american should care about regardless.

I appreciate all the responses everyone. I just love the history of the gun and there design. I've been trying to find one but they seem to be super rare. And I live in CT so cause I'm military I'm excempt from the AWB.

Would anyone have any idea of the best place to search for one?

If there aren't any dealers down your way
Do this-

So you can do this-

Make sure you put in the "located in Connecticut" in the w.t.b. ad.
Maybe somethin will pop up

Back
Top Bottom