• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

K&R in Hudson

I was just trying to see if I could look up any more information on his FFL. Didn't find much, but I did just figure out how to easily get any gun shop's FFL number. [shocked]

Damn, I really wish I would have known that he was liquidating his inventory. Day late and a dollar short I guess. Hope he makes out okay with the ATF.

So what happens to the inventory? I assume there was quite a bit of value there.

I guess the ATF's got it now. I know that someone was negotiating with Ray to buy the shop, so I'd hope that he can purchase the inventory, too.

Damn, I really wish I would have known that he was liquidating his inventory.

I didn't see any huge discounts there, frankly. He'd let his inventory run down over the last several months.

He told me that he had let it expire while he was taking care of his sister in NY. Once she passed away, he let the other employees go and ran it himself in an attempt to liquidate the inventory and some of the high end stuff from his personal collection and using other shops for the transfers.

He told me a slightly different story a few months ago.
He said he was in Florida for an extended period of time, taking care of a family member with cancer (he lost two brothers in a year).
In his absents, he let someone run the store who was a bit sloppy with the paperwork.
The very day he got back, the ATF paid him a visit to check the books and found over 100 small mistakes. They threatened to either charge him for the violations or allow him to "voluntarily" surrender his FFL to make this go away. He chose to give up the FFL, but still ran the business using a third parties FFL to do the transfers. He said he was working on a deal to sell the store to someone else with an FFL, but still work there as an employee. I guess that deal fell through.

[sad2]

The ATF payed him a visit a couple years ago and found some major problems with his paperwork. They gave him time to get it straight but from what I understand Rays way of fixing it was putting Rays personnel collection on anything he didn't have papers for. Keven ( who had no knowledge of Rays previous ATF issues) tried to help him out, cleaned up the shop, and moved him to his new location. The ATF revisited and was not happy with how Ray took care of his paperwork problems and decided to not let him renew his ffl, forcing him to sell or close. Keven decided to walk away to avoid any trouble with ATF. Ray had someone interested in buying the store but could not afford the inventory. Ray was selling everything through a third party for like $50 more then he payed for it.

He's getting out of the business and has been trying to arrange a deal with somebody to purchase the store. He's been operating without an FFL the last few months, but trying to side step the issue by doing all the transfers through other dealers. Sounded a bit risky to me. So I'm not terribly shocked to hear ATF stepped in.

This is absolutely insanely stupid. Renewing his FFL is at most $150. Either he's an idiot, or there's more to the story.

Ray had told me that he was forced "to let Kevin go". Either way, it sucks.

Sorry, Ray.

The ATF payed him a visit a couple years ago and found some major problems with his paperwork. They gave him time to get it straight but from what I understand Rays way of fixing it was putting Rays personnel collection on anything he didn't have papers for. Keven ( who had no knowledge of Rays previous ATF issues) tried to help him out, cleaned up the shop, and moved him to his new location. The ATF revisited and was not happy with how Ray took care of his paperwork problems and decided to not let him renew his ffl, forcing him to sell or close. Keven decided to walk away to avoid any trouble with ATF. Ray had someone interested in buying the store but could not afford the inventory. Ray was selling everything through a third party for like $50 more then he payed for it.

I stopped by to buy some ammo on monday, he has a sign in the window saying he's on vacation till the 17th or 18th. the closed sign is for another business has been there for a year+. these are the only facts i know. I don't know him at all just buy ammo there every couple of months he seemed like a nice guy. hope it isn't true i like have a shop near the house.

I stopped by to buy some ammo on monday, he has a sign in the window saying he's on vacation till the 17th or 18th. the closed sign is for another business has been there for a year+. these are the only facts i know. I don't know him at all just buy ammo there every couple of months he seemed like a nice guy. hope it isn't true i like have a shop near the house.

???? K&R Target Sports has been closed for well over a year. Not sure what you're talking about here.

You're thinking of Undercover Arms. K&R was a Different Ray, Different shop.

yes my bad, was thinking of under cover arms. Sorry. i wish i knew K&R was there it never came up in my local searches.

Back
Top Bottom