• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Justifiable Homicides Rise In Philadelphia As Concealed Carry Surges

Pretty good response to Philly shit right here. My favorite part is when he uses the first robber as a human shield as he shoots the second. I think the hardest working reporter in Philly and his teeth got this one wrong. He did disarm the first guy but I think he shoots the second guy with his own firearm.

View: https://twitter.com/KeeleyFox29/status/1546834730984902656

Looks like we just have to wait for these guys to bleed out or show up at the Emergency room.

Looks like we just have to wait for these guys to bleed out or show up at the Emergency room.
There may be a market for all that blood to re purpose as crop fertilizer and make up for the current gap. Probably the first time those rats would be doing something positive for a change

interesting how silent all the democratic politicians are about events like these (wonder if these could be more of obama's kids?)

They compare *applications* to *permits*.

That's either bad writing (because they meant to say applications in both cases) or it's meaningless (or misleading)
How long does a carry permit last? How many of those 70,790 permits were new, and how many were from previous years?

I'd be very interested to see what happens to the violent crime rate in the next few years.

I'd also be interested in what the *NON*-justifiable homicide (and "assault", for when there's no death) rate by licensed people does. If it goes up, that's not great.
If you follow the chain of links a half dozen deep, you find this article:
KYW said:
Police statistics show the number of legally purchased guns in the city has skyrocketed. In the years leading up to 2021, the number of people applying for licenses to carry averaged about 11,000 per year.

In 2021, it jumped to over 70,789. Nearly 53,000, including re-issues, were granted.
Also this: License-to-Carry Applications Have Skyrocketed In Philly — Even More Than You'd Think

PhillyMag said:
When I saw how high the numbers were, I had to call our stats department to make sure they were right,” police department spokesperson Jasmine Reilly told me after I requested the data. From 2017 through 2020, the number of license-to-carry applications in Philadelphia held about steady, ranging between 11,049 and 11,814 applications each year. But in 2021, 70,789 people applied for licenses to carry guns.
In other words, license-to-carry applications more than sextupled last year. And in January of this year, the number of applications continued its upward trajectory. (The Pennsylvania State Police publish an annual report showing the number of licenses issued in the counties surrounding Philadelphia as well as in the rest of the state, but a spokesperson for PSP says that data isn’t yet available for 2021.)
The number of applications denied in Philadelphia from 2017 through 2020 averaged 17.5 percent. In 2021, just under 10 percent of license-to-carry applicants were denied
That was back in March, so one might think the PSP has assembled the 2021 stats by now?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom