• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just won a Stag Arms AR15 Stripped Lower

NOW WHAT?!?

It was a facebook contest that my old gun shop back in Washington State was putting on. Guess the photo type of thing, well I was the first to guess! Won a Stag Arms AR15 Stripped Lower!

I contacted an FFL here in Worcester and they said they were fine with it. Never dealt with a FFL transfer before. How do I go about this?! I messaged the gun shop in Washington with the FFL's fax number over here.

So like I said before, now what?

Have the ffl in MA fax his info to the FFl in Wash. They will take care of the rest then you just go there and pay the transfer fee and pick up your lower. Depending on the shop most won't have you do a fa10 on it and you can build it whenever you get the money to do so. When you build it to a complete rifle regester it with a FA-10 and your good to go shoot it! Congrats man.

Have the ffl in MA fax his info to the FFl in Wash. They will take care of the rest then you just go there and pay the transfer fee and pick up your lower. Depending on the shop most won't have you do a fa10 on it and you can build it whenever you get the money to do so. When you build it to a complete rifle regester it with a FA-10 and your good to go shoot it! Congrats man.
Sounds good. The guy at the MA shop said I should have the WA shop fax them first...
Luckily I just got karma'd a few FA-10's from someone in particular^^^. Thanks again man!!

After the transfer buy a stag rifle kit. This guy is in NH and has Ma Compliant or free state kits available at very fair prices.

http://www.ar15sales.com/store/page2.html
Definitely will keep that in mind! I just bought an AK kit and it was delivered yesterday. Looks like I'm gunna have a few builds going at the same time. Now I just need a second job to afford them! [laugh]

Just picked up the lower today. Looks like AR lowers are pretty simple to assemble.

Any suggestions for LPK's? Stag arms sells one for $66 but I want to see what you guys swear by [wink]

Just picked up the lower today. Looks like AR lowers are pretty simple to assemble.

Any suggestions for LPK's? Stag arms sells one for $66 but I want to see what you guys swear by [wink]

Try Brownells.

- - - Updated - - -

Try Brownells.

I would keep it all stag. If you ever want to sell it having all stock parts is a plus! No one wants a frankenrifle...

I would keep it all stag. If you ever want to sell it having all stock parts is a plus! No one wants a frankenrifle...
Truth, good call. Thanks again Billy
When I went to pick up the lower yesterday, they showed me a Bushmaster kit but they didn't have a price for it yet. Figured I would just go with a Stag to keep it streamline.

Alright, purchased a kit.
Now I just need to find a stock and save up for the upper [sad2]
I really wish I wasn't building this in MA so I can have all the cool killy features without pinning breaks and adjustable stocks...

Don't even concern yourself with this.
Almost all of the parts in anybodies LPK are going to come from one of two places. There are no names or logos on any of the parts. You could open up LPKs from several different suppliers and not even be able to tell them apart. Why? 'Cause they are the same damn part.

Don't even concern yourself with this.
Almost all of the parts in anybodies LPK are going to come from one of two places. There are no names or logos on any of the parts. You could open up LPKs from several different suppliers and not even be able to tell them apart. Why? 'Cause they are the same damn part.
Touche
I saw someone complaining about poorly milled parts with the bolt catch(bad quality control), so I assume as long as I buy a kit from a reputable company, I should be set.

Touche
I saw someone complaining about poorly milled parts with the bolt catch(bad quality control), so I assume as long as I buy a kit from a reputable company, I should be set.

Only if Stag was a reputable company........ At least it's warrantied for life so when it does fail, you get it fixed for free

I had bought my LPK from Acme, forget who made it but it is flawless even at 9lbs. and actually is pretty smooth.

Brownell's sell a trigget kit around $100 that is next on the list. A high-power heavyweight is going to tweak it for me.

NOW WHAT?!?

It was a facebook contest that my old gun shop back in Washington State was putting on. Guess the photo type of thing, well I was the first to guess! Won a Stag Arms AR15 Stripped Lower!

I contacted an FFL here in Worcester and they said they were fine with it. Never dealt with a FFL transfer before. How do I go about this?! I messaged the gun shop in Washington with the FFL's fax number over here.

So like I said before, now what?

Well you could just lemme handle it..I promise I wont take the AR Lower of which I am trying to figure out how to make a AR :) :)

Grats man

Only if Stag was a reputable company

Stag is the private label brand name for Continental machine tool AR parts.
Who is CMT? Well, unless your receiver says Colt on the side, it was probably made by CMT no matter who's name is on it. They make most everybody's AR receivers. LPK parts too.

Stag is the private label brand name for Continental machine tool AR parts.
Who is CMT? Well, unless your receiver says Colt on the side, it was probably made by CMT no matter who's name is on it. They make most everybody's AR receivers. LPK parts too.

Big deal, so they know how to make lowers and uppers. Do a search on FTE issues and let me know what you find

Well I have no idea whether you are referring to failure to extract or failure to eject, but neither of which has anything to do with the receiver.

I built my entire rifle with Stag parts aside from the YHM NES lower. I have no complaints.

I've been the range 2 times with that rifle and put 480rounds through it. 90% of those rounds where steel case WPA 62 graing FMJ. Had no issues spitting brass either.

Not one issue. I pulled the trigger and it went boom and spit out a shell everytime...unless of course I had another empty mag.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Magpul stock and a spring/buffer and my parts kit was in the mailbox. So I figured I would just build it today.
Got everything done except for the bolt catch. That roll pin is being a bitch and I don't want to mar it up. Didn't have too many things go flying across my living room... Buffer retainer and spring... Luckily I found both right away because they both landed in my tool kit after skimming my hair and hitting the ceiling hahaha [laugh]

Edit: So far this was way too easy...

Attachments

• image-933531070.jpg
    image-933531070.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I built my entire rifle with Stag parts aside from the YHM NES lower. I have no complaints.

I've been the range 2 times with that rifle and put 480rounds through it. 90% of those rounds where steel case WPA 62 graing FMJ. Had no issues spitting brass either.

Not one issue. I pulled the trigger and it went boom and spit out a shell everytime...unless of course I had another empty mag.

This happens anytime you don't have something nice to say about Stag.

Not every Pinto blew up either but I still won't drive one.

Take a poll of the people who competitively shoot either 3-gun, high power or take carbine courses and you will find a disproportionately small amount that shoot Stags. I don't think it's because they make great guns and we haven't figured it out yet.

Now if you got it to look bad ass at the range and shoot off a bench it's a great rifle.

2w6xzkh.jpg

I was going to wait to finish it, but after a bit of liquid courage i said screw it and took a chance and smacked that roll pin in. Did it without a single scratch.

Now to save up and decide on an upper.... hrmmmmmm

I don't know how to make this any clearer. Almost ALL of the LPK kits out there are CMT (stag) parts, no matter who's package it comes out of. They buy the parts in bulk from CMT and package them their selves. Last I knew Colt and Rock River were the only two MFG who make their own LPK parts

You made it clear, I was actually referring to the complete rifle kits that includes the upper. I've used the stag lpk and so far no problems. Barrels and bcg are another story

Back
Top Bottom