• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

just when i was getting used to no primers, now no powder...

Varget was more expensive for whatever reason. I overpaid for the CFE BLK (which is available right now from the manufacturer), but I figure it's worth it since ichave no shipping or hazmat and I just want to test it out.

The CFE pistol is for a friend who will pay me back.

Surprised that there wasn't anyone there for the powder when I got there. They advertised it well online.

@Mountain @dw617 i just scored an 8 pound jug of Varget from one of the reloading vendors in the valley a few min ago…
I bought this in hopes one of you guys or someone else on NES wants it. $246 plus $19.95 hazmat plus $15.95 shipping.
Hopefully someone wants it as I have no use for it.
Nice grab & I'll take unless DW is running thin on powder. I just poured the dregs out of a jug and will be cracking the seal on my last one.

Besides, Mrs. Mountain has been bugging me for a North Shore day trip. I'm beginning to wonder if she has a crush on this guy:

NG-glochester-8953-copy.jpg

@Mountain @dw617 i just scored an 8 pound jug of Varget from one of the reloading vendors in the valley a few min ago…
I bought this in hopes one of you guys or someone else on NES wants it. $246 plus $19.95 hazmat plus $15.95 shipping.
Hopefully someone wants it as I have no use for it.
You got the last one! I just went to check and it’s sold out now! I’m down to my last 40lbs of it and will need more eventually if neither of them want it, lol.

I still owe @Mountain $1 from when I sold him an 8lb’r last year for $195...he gave me $200 and I only had $4 in loose ones on me! Hopefully he’s not collecting interest?

Nice grab & I'll take unless DW is running thin on powder. I just poured the dregs out of a jug and will be cracking the seal on my last one.

Besides, Mrs. Mountain has been bugging me for a North Shore day trip. I'm beginning to wonder if she has a crush on this guy:

NG-glochester-8953-copy.jpg
Though I haven’t received an email confirmation yet. My CC was hit and it shows up in my order history. I’ll keep you posted.

And yes you need to come back to Glosta!

You got the last one! I just went to check and it’s sold out now! I’m down to my last 40lbs of it and will need more eventually if neither of them want it, lol.

I still owe @Mountain $1 from when I sold him an 8lb’r last year for $195...he gave me $200 and I only had $4 in loose ones on me! Hopefully he’s not collecting interest?
I got a notification for it but didn’t check until 5ish min later and somehow snagged it🤷🏻‍♂️

Damn 40 pounds.

Mountain might need this one more than I do, I think I have 2x8lbs left plus the scraps from my current 8#'er.

It's nice to know that vendor has varget coming in stock.

Was there a limit ?

I got a notification for it but didn’t check until 5ish min later and somehow snagged it🤷🏻‍♂️

Damn 40 pounds.

i HAD over 50# of just Varget until I realized that might be a little more than I needed currently and decided to check w/the boys back behind the iron curtain.

I mentioned in another thread last week that I caught a national CMP record holder just as he was getting out of high power last year and I bought over $1300 worth of powder like a week after the Covid lockdowns in NE Indiana. That $1300 worth of powder probably could have made me a small fortune in the past year, but THAT coupled with my healthy supply of pre-Covid primers has given me freedom to not have to buy ANY components through all this unless I find something at a decent price (found some RL 17 for my 7.5x55 reloads a few months back for $30/lb).

my basement is stocked like a powder house currently and I’ve spent my dough on magazines and suppressors at ‘normal’ prices since everyone else was freaking out buying guns/ammo/components at inflated prices.

Mountain might need this one more than I do, I think I have 2x8lbs left plus the scraps from my current 8#'er.

Was there a limit ?

Great, I'll take it since I'm down to the last one- assuming the valley girls ship it to @andrew1220 . I grew up about 40 minutes north of the Valley, and can attest that they like their powder.

45d23e070d2278a020f70c3c403f3371.jpg

Was there a limit ?
Yup there was one 8 pound limit.

Great, I'll take it since I'm down to the last one- assuming the valley girls ship it to @andrew1220 . I grew up about 40 minutes north of the Valley, and can attest that they like their powder.

I’ll keep you posted. It says “processing hazmat” so I think we’ll be good.

Just got the tracking number. I’ll keep you posted when it is scheduled to arrive

A vendor who ships to MA has a few popular Alliant powders in stock. Bullseye, Power Pistol, Sport Pistol, RL-15, Green Dot....
PM if interested

Just grabbed an 8# of "Shooters world precision" powder from a well known vendor. Supposed to be very similar to Varget, and a little less pricey.

Could only check out with 1 (tried to get 2), total was $245. Not bad in today's climate.

I've actually got enough powder for at least another 20K loads - but with the way things are going, I figured I'd buy some more.

My "goto" powder is Hodgdon TiteGroup - and I can't find it anywhere his morning.

That was a bit of a surprise. I sort of expected to have to hunt a little bit, but I didn't expect this.
You've had over a year to lay in a good supply of powder and you didn't!!!.

Shame on your. Ha. Just busting your stones.

The the Vid first hit, I had plenty of primers. But was down to just one extra 8 lb jug of pistol powder. So last November, I went looking for TiteGroup. I thought I was behind the curve. But there it was. In stock at #$#@#$$$. I couldn't believe it.

Its times like this that I'm grateful that I have a place in CT where I can store my reloading supplies.

Sorry to bust your stones. But you had SO LONG to decide to buy some. midway.jpg

Powder is very easy to get. It’s just primers that are extremely difficult. I haven’t seen any vendors post some in well over a month.

You've had over a year to lay in a good supply of powder and you didn't!!!.

Shame on your. Ha. Just busting your stones.

The the Vid first hit, I had plenty of primers. But was down to just one extra 8 lb jug of pistol powder. So last November, I went looking for TiteGroup. I thought I was behind the curve. But there it was. In stock at #$#@#$$$. I couldn't believe it.

Its times like this that I'm grateful that I have a place in CT where I can store my reloading supplies.

Sorry to bust your stones. But you had SO LONG to decide to buy some. View attachment 492426

In all seriousness. If the Allen-1 still needs TiteGroup, I can spot you some.

I'm going to be in CT this weekend and can bring it up with me.

Send me a PM.

I'm good, thanks, I do appreciate the offer.

I put some effort into looking for powder after I started this thread, and I've got about 12 lbs of TiteGroup on my shelf right now. My standard load is 4.0 grns, so approx 1750 loads per pound. I've got a couple of pounds of Accurate#9 for the magnum loads. I've got brass and bullets, plus a "reasonable quantity" of primers - so I'm good for pistol loads for maybe another year, plus??

I'm currently collecting components for 20GA. Have the hulls and wads; I know where I'm getting lead shot. I picked up a couple bricks of primers, (1 SPP, 1LPP), last week from a friend, (for pre-pandemic prices), and he says he'll have 209s before I go home. I'm starting to look for powder - probably 20/28 or LongShot.

Here's an interesting update from Powder Valley: Industry Update | Powder Valley
That is interesting, didn't expect to hear powder availability was worsening (I'm well stocked now). I only joined the reloading ranks late last year, and outside of Dillon dies, have been fortunate to get everything I've looked for without too much trouble.

Back
Top Bottom