• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

just when i was getting used to no primers, now no powder...

I'm about ready to switch to archery, LOL. I try to stay around 3 years ahead on match reloading needs in case of a scenario just like this. I have enough powder for this year and probably next, and should be OK for CCI Large Rifle primers as well. Most of my .30-06 Lapua brass that I use for Garand matches is getting a bit worn and I have not been able to replace it or buy Creedmoor ammo that comes with Lapua brass. I'd try something else but what?

Some very helpful NESers have offered to sell primers in case I need them, but rather than tap into their stash I watch as best I can for them online. I check when I can but so far have not seen a single drop. Same for powder. Soon I'll be down to one 8 lb jug of Varget and if that starts draining down without replacement I'll be taking a hard look at archery- or maybe tomahawk throwing?

I'm about ready to switch to archery, LOL. I try to stay around 3 years ahead on match reloading needs in case of a scenario just like this. I have enough powder for this year and probably next, and should be OK for CCI Large Rifle primers as well. Most of my .30-06 Lapua brass that I use for Garand matches is getting a bit worn and I have not been able to replace it or buy Creedmoor ammo that comes with Lapua brass. I'd try something else but what?

Some very helpful NESers have offered to sell primers in case I need them, but rather than tap into their stash I watch as best I can for them online. I check when I can but so far have not seen a single drop. Same for powder. Soon I'll be down to one 8 lb jug of Varget and if that starts draining down without replacement I'll be taking a hard look at archery- or maybe tomahawk throwing?
So it’s Varget and LRP you’re needing? I’ll keep my eyes out for that.
There is some LRP in the classifieds that was just bumped today......😂

Looks like Varget was in stock last Wednesday and Thursday from a couple vendors. Sold quick obviously.

Actually “Pete” had Varget in stock this afternoon it looks like. I don’t think they had much though.

So it’s Varget and LRP you’re needing? I’ll keep my eyes out for that.
There is some LRP in the classifieds that was just bumped today......😂
Well, everyone has their price. LOL I can hardly wait for that guy's next bump.

So my wife is actually asking when's the next day trip for anmo. I could probably get away with buying anything I want so long as the destination is somewhere she likes. 🤣

I'm good friends with Ram and Harry Potterfield but don't think I know Pete.

Regarding the Ram, this guy was the ultimate Ram-

1301_5-578x200.jpg

Well, everyone has their price. LOL I can hardly wait for that guy's next bump.

So my wife is actually asking when's the next day trip for anmo. I could probably get away with buying anything I want so long as the destination is somewhere she likes. 🤣

I'm good friends with Ram and Harry Potterfield but don't think I know Pete.

Regarding the Ram, this guy was the ultimate Ram-

1301_5-578x200.jpg
My bad. I forgot Ram is the code word. I kept calling it Pete. Same site.

My bad. I forgot Ram is the code word. I kept calling it Pete. Same site.
Hey we can start posting code pics like my Randy the Ram wrestler pic. I know which site will be assigned a big, gigantic sized dildo.

I just miss these drops- can't access from work anymore except by phone and that's too much of a PITA. I'm very quick with the keyboard but haven't been quick with a phone since Crackberrys with actual buttons. I was blazing fast with those, touch screens not so much.

Hey we can start posting code pics like my Randy the Ram wrestler pic. I know which site will be assigned a big, gigantic sized dildo.

I just miss these drops- can't access from work anymore except by phone and that's too much of a PITA. I'm very quick with the keyboard but haven't been quick with a phone since Crackberrys with actual buttons. I was blazing fast with those, touch screens not so much.
I'm getting better on the phone...I scored 2k of SPP (same day, two different sites!) on my Galaxy S10+ on vacation last month, even with a couple beers in me, lol.

A lot of Hodgdon and Winchester powders were dropped today. No Varget though. They had H4350 which is another high demand rifle powder from what I hear.
All gone now.

I'm getting better on the phone...I scored 2k of SPP (same day, two different sites!) on my Galaxy S10+ on vacation last month, even with a couple beers in me, lol.
The only bad thing about it is that now they're only selling 1k per day, per person. That literally puts the price at $.011/primer.

The only bad thing about it is that now they're only selling 1k per day, per person. That literally puts the price at $.011/primer.
The limits are good and bad. It allows some people to stand a chance at getting SPP but at the same time drives up the price and you only get 1k. Better than nothing I guess.
At least Natchez lets you buy up to a case (5k).
So grateful I'm stocked on primers as even the limits certainly aren't helping on top of general availability😬

@dw617 @Mountain kinda late (3 hours ago) but stateline guns in Plaistow NH had Varget in stock today. No idea on price or if they still have any.
View attachment 477814

EDIT: I messaged them. 4064 = $43. Varget = $45
Nice! Great to see a LGS with a good stock of powder. I typically buy Varget in the 8 lb jugs but there are other powders that I use 1 lb at a time. Might be worth getting it in the jar anyway. And hey- wipe those greasy fingerprints off your lens! J-K, appreciate the pic LOL.

I just bought the last of the CFE pistol, CFE BLK, and a random old LB of W296. They have plenty of LilGun and Varget left.

That lb was W296 feels light and it's definitely old stock. Sealed, but something seems off about it.

Even give you a free magnet with the purchase.
20210430_104711.jpg

Just got home and checked out this bottle of W296.

Felt light so I weighed it. Its 14.9 OZ. Took the cap off and the white seal is still on it. Should I be concerned about this being so old and being an oz shy of a lb?

I just don't want to blow myself up loading this stuff as H110.
20210430_112503.jpg

I just bought the last of the CFE pistol, CFE BLK, and a random old LB of W296. They have plenty of LilGun and Varget left.

That lb was W296 feels light and it's definitely old stock. Sealed, but something seems off about it.

Even give you a free magnet with the purchase.
View attachment 478007
Nice! Where did you buy it from?

Lol if it's a plastic bottle it can't be terribly old. Weight variation is bizarre.
Good point. I'm just hoping someone didn't use the jug, dump some other powder into it and the seal somehow formed itself back on.

I opened it. It looks and smells just like my H110. I weighed out some volumes and it weighed the same too.

Good point. I'm just hoping someone didn't use the jug, dump some other powder into it and the seal somehow formed itself back on.

I opened it. It looks and smells just like my H110. I weighed out some volumes and it weighed the same too.

If the top was sealed id say good to go. Maybe Win screwed you out of an ounce? Although normally when they do s*** like that intentionally it's there right on the bottle like for example 700x comes in like a 14.7 oz bottle or some s***. I think stuff like Trail Boss is even less dense.

Back
Top Bottom