• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just swore in Tuesday Nov 27th

Yep.

Tuesday Nov 27th I swore in and enlisted in the Army National Guard.

Scored a 72 AQFT on the asvab and picked 31B MP.

Off to Fort Leonard Wood for basic June 13th to August 17th.

Probably not doing AIT until next summer, unless I contract with ROTC which will not allow me to go to AIT. (Which i think is stupid)

Thankfully I'll most likely be going to basic as a PFC because of credits/rotc.

So yeah. I'm pretty excited/nervous!

~Kyle

Congrats. Do you job well and try not to stand out. No matter what you do, the DI's will make everyone look bad. Break you down and build you up as a team. Do they have "stress cards" at Leonard Wood? If they do, i suggest you NOT even think about using them. I hear those cards were being used right after i got out of Ft knox in 96'.

Enjoy Fort Lost in the Woods, Misery.

And, no, there are no stress cards anywhere anymore. That lasted about one summer in the mid 90's.

Aloha

Thank you everyone for the kind words. :)

You rock Kyle! I am glad to hear your doing well and getting along as you had hoped.
I look forward to getting you out shooting again when your back in MA for a bit. Be well my friend.

There's a lot of people here wishing well... Too much positive... So as a member and vet in the national guard.... Let me be the first here to say..... Dumbass...... Lol just kidding good luck

MP!? Damn it... now you're my mortal enemy... always destroying the quasi innocent fun of us poor infantrymen... and giving me tickets.

Congratulations, enjoy basic (It isn't that hard as long as you want to be there) and welcome to the military.

Enjoy Fort Lost in the Woods, Misery.

And, no, there are no stress cards anywhere anymore. That lasted about one summer in the mid 90's.

Aloha

Yup have fun there. It will be 90-100 degrees when you get there, and likely be snow on the ground when you leave. If you have any questions about MP School or FLW, let me know. I went through almost 11 years ago, but if I can help in any way, I'd love to do so.

Remember, the 43rd is the calm before the storm. It might seem like it sucks--and it does--but enjoy the relative freedom while you have it.

And when you get to the training brigade, hope you get assinged to the 795 MP Battalion. Those 787 ****ers were a whole bunch of pussies.

Signed,
A guy who went through B Co., 795 MP Bn.

The MP's in NH are heading to Afghanistan in a few months. They also expect to leave troops over there past 2014. It takes balls to join in a time of war.

That shit used to crack me up. EMs and NCOs referring to cadets as "cadidiots", when half the time they couldn't even spell it.

Cadets get absolutely no respect, despite by reg they're technically entitled to the customs and courtesies of a 3rd Lieutenant. But they're often so classroom-oriented they don't get simple, unwritten rules of the road that even a two-weeks-out-of-basic soldier would understand--for instance, even though entirely proper, addressing a Private First Class as "Private" is considered immensely disrespectful, because they scream it at you in basic training and outside of that its generally saved for calling you out on corrective action when you **** up.

When I was at Protective Services School at Leonard Wood, at the same time, a PFC from my company was going through SRT (Military Police SWAT) School and was in class with a bunch of junior year cadets from West Point. One of the cadets came up to him and began to say "Hey Private..." My buddy immediately cut him off: "That's First Class, bitch."

No one said anything, no one made any corrections. Thats the way it goes. Seasoned NCO's and Officers might tell you that's ****ed up, but deep inside most think that cadet probably deserved it.

Another buddy of mine with jump wings remembers getting chewed out at Airborne School because the cadets apparently didn't know the trash is supposed to remain empty during the day. Simple shit like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom