Just Spoke to my Police Chief (MA)...

WallHack

Banned
Just walked in the door from visiting Spencer PD. Had to drop off my C&R FFL CLEO copy. While I was there, I asked the receptionist/dispatcher if she knew the chief's policy on the issuance of a Machine Gun License. She didn't know offhand, and disappeared for a minute....

Out walks the chief, shakes my hand, very polite and personable-seeming guy (never knew his name until I filled out my LTC app earlier this year, lived here for 22 years [laugh]) I explained to him that the forms I had given the dispatcher required no action on his part, and asked him about the MG license. He almost quoted the MGL dealing with machine guns, said as soon as I get my C&R I could apply. I said "only reason I ask is I know a lot of chiefs refuse to issue them" His response was (quote) "I don't LIKE to, but I know and abide by the law. If you have all your ducks in a row, I find it easier to just issue than make it a pain" End quote.

Warms my heart: a chief not interested in playing games, or letting his personal beliefs get in the way of the law (he issued my LTC-A None no problems either) You bet I'll be applying for that Green Card ASAP! [mg]

Finally, a heart warming story of SOMEONE DOING THEIR DAMNED JOB.

Brings a tear to my eye, it does.

Told my girlfriend this story, she replied "So the CHIEF OF POLICE agreed to follow the law? What are you so excited about?" She's from Maine, only been down here a couple years. I guess it does SOUND ridiculous....

I'll have to add Specer,Ma to my list of towns I would live in if I had to leave my green town.

Um, you may want to visit Spencer before moving there. It's a nice sleepy quiet town and Whitco is good to visit, but the quote "Can't get there from here" definitely applies!!! Well, unless you heading to Park St in Worcester that is......

Congrats to the OP! Now I need to find out what the chief in Uxbridge thinks. Another "Cant get there from here" town!!!

[laugh]

Um, you may want to visit Spencer before moving there. It's a nice sleepy quiet town and Whitco is good to visit, but the quote "Can't get there from here" definitely applies!!! Well, unless you heading to Park St in Worcester that is......

Congrats to the OP! Now I need to find out what the chief in Uxbridge thinks. Another "Cant get there from here" town!!!

[laugh]

At this point in my life "can't get there from here" sounds just about perfect. It took me 2 hrs. the other night to get from Waltham to the 93 split.

His response was (quote) "I don't LIKE to, but I know and abide by the law. If you have all your ducks in a row, I find it easier to just issue than make it a pain" End quote.

Warms my heart: a chief not interested in playing games, or letting his personal beliefs get in the way of the law (he issued my LTC-A None no problems either) You bet I'll be applying for that Green Card ASAP! [mg]

Can we get him to buy the Marlborough COP a beer and explain the facts of life?

Make sure that you use "collector" as the reason for the green card. I only say this because my IA liked ALP. One time a renewal bounced due to the ALP. I was issued another with "collector" on it and he said "Well, now you have an extra if you lose one". Thats when the cards were green and before MIRCS. Love these green towns. Jack.

That is a very heartwarming story! Like you, I have never met our chief either, but have to commend you for having the balls to ask on your first introduction.

[laugh]

There is actually a "Podunk Pike" (Rte 49?) in Spencer.

Holy crap - someone who doesn't let their personal opinion dictate their interpretation of laws! Nice!

There is actually a "Podunk Pike" (Rte 49?) in Spencer.

Yup. 6 miles of absolutely nothing of interest, connecting us to Sturbridge.

That is a very heartwarming story! Like you, I have never met our chief either, but have to commend you for having the balls to ask on your first introduction.

Thanks man. You from Spencer?

Bumping this thread with my terrible iPad 2 photography because I GOT IT

image.jpg

**** yeah. Ended up applying April 9th, came in the mail June 19th. Now, the long wait until I can afford to dip my toes into the Class III world begins. Until then, I'm having fun ****ing with moonbats. A card with my name on it, issued by the state, that says "Resident License to Possess a Machine Gun?" PRICELESS. "Whadaya mean, they give licenses for MACHINE GUNS??" [laugh]

View attachment 70780

**** yeah. Ended up applying April 9th, came in the mail June 19th. Now, the long wait until I can afford to dip my toes into the Class III world begins. Until then, I'm having fun ****ing with moonbats. A card with my name on it, issued by the state, that says "Resident License to Possess a Machine Gun?" PRICELESS. "Whadaya mean, they give licenses for MACHINE GUNS??" [laugh]

Congratulations! That is awesome. I agree that besides being able to own a machine gun it would be worth having just to show it to the anti-gun crowd and watch them lose their minds. lol. :)

Wow, that's awesome. Makes me want to apply for one. Not like I could ever afford to buy one. How much was the license fee?

View attachment 70780

let's be friends. pick me up on your way to HSC and let's party.

So you do need a C&R first? Is that the law? If I applied without a C&R would it automatically get denied?

Thanks, Chris

When I lived in the western part of the state, I got the same answer. The issuing officer said that we only issues LTC-A with no restrictions. Unfortunately my license had not expired and I was trying to get my restrictions removed from the previous city I had lived in.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom