1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Just sent a request to Rep Nikki Tsongas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GM-GUY, Oct 9, 2013.

1. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

I would like to point out some things that concern me about President Obama that I have read and confirmed via multiple sources.

Affordable Care Act: The President has granted waivers and provided large subsidies to Congress and staffers. None of this is in the law, nor allowed for in a statement 'As the President shall determine'.

Immigration: The President has decided to simply not deport illegal aliens. These are criminals as defined by law that also has a defined penalty of deportation. Again, no where does the law state the President can waive this.

Syria: This is the most concerning, the President has decided to and is currently arming 'Syrian Rebels' these rebels also go by the name 'Al Qaeda'. This is a terrorist organization that has attacked us on many occasions across the globe - including the attacks of September 11, 2001.

For all these facts, could you tell me when you will offer for consideration in The House of Representatives, Articles of Impeachment against Barack Obama? If you will not, could you explain where the facts above are in error?

I asked for a response - this may be a good idea to start pushing back at the DC pols.

ON EDIT:
    Feel free to use as you need.

I will advise if I get a response.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.

2. edhead35

edhead35

GM Guy,

I got elected so I don't care what you think. I agree with Barry.

Sincerely,
    Nikki

3. Neriski3

Neriski3

Do you mind if I use that as well? Let us know when/if you get a response.

4. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Nikki has been VERY QUIET lately...

5. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

Got a response awhile ago - just haven't had time to digest it and post it up:

**************Begin Canned Response*******************

Thank you for contacting my office regarding health insurance for members of Congress and congressional staff under the Affordable Care Act (ACA, also known popularly as "Obamacare").

As you may know, members of Congress, their staff, and other congressional workers currently participate in the same health insurance program, the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), used by all federal employees, such as postal workers and federal court employees. An amendment offered by Senator Charles Grassley (R-IA) included in the final version of the ACA requires all members of Congress and their staff to leave the FEHBP program in 2014 and purchase individual insurance coverage through state-run health exchanges.

As a result, employees at other large employers around the country will continue to receive the same employer-provided health insurance as they always have, but congressional employees will lose their current employer-provided insurance and enter the exchanges. Because the exchanges were designed to help uninsured families access care, not to take the place of employer-provided insurance, the Grassley amendment creates a unique situation just for Congress. Until recently, confusion existed as to how the Grassley amendment would work. However, in August 2013 the Office of Personnel Management clarified the law, announcing that the federal government will continue to contribute toward the cost of Congressional employees' health plans as they always have even as these employees enter the exchanges. Had the Office of Personnel Management decided otherwise, the federal government would have been in the unique position of requiring other employers to provide health care to their employees, while not putting a similar requirement on itself.

I want to assure you that I am committed to ensuring that all members of Congress and congressional staff experience the benefits and obligations of the Affordable Care Act in the same way as every other American. I do not support, nor am I aware of, any discussions about exempting members of Congress or congressional staff from Affordable Care Act provisions that apply to any employees of any other public or private employer offering health care. Like everyone, employees and members of Congress will be required to show evidence of coverage or be subject to a penalty.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact my office regarding your concerns about health care reform. I know first-hand how this isn't just a political issue, but a deeply personal one for every family.

Please do not hesitate to contact my office in the future with questions or concerns.

*******End Canned Response **********
    I'll be calling this week.

6. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

7. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

I think she got distracted 1/3 of the way through. Must have seen something shiny...

8. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Wow she actually answered one of your points.

Try sending three separate letters making the same request (Impeachment) based only on that point.

Or perhaps ask "Under what circumstances WOULD you file papers of impeachment?"

9. tysdad115

tysdad115

Hoping to find a fat girl to slurp my eel
    I feel so much better now knowing that she is committed.

10. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

When you're lying sometimes it gets hard to keep it all straight.

- - - Updated - - -

The answer to that would likely be "never".

1 person likes this.
  11. goodlife30

goodlife30

Well at least you got a response. Most times it's the sound of crickets and tumble weeds.

12. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Of course it would. The written answer would likely be a regurgitation of the law wrt impeachment, but we all know it would take unbelievable situation and evidence of wrongdoing.

I think BO could go on live television and address the nation, confessing to everything he has been accused of, and saying it was for his "homeland" Kenya, and insane amounts of money paid into his personal checking account from the Chinese and he would STILL get away with it.

13. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Her husband was a freaking idiot also.

14. mass

mass NES Member

But he has an arena named after him.

Sent from state prison using contraband cell phone.

15. tele_mark

tele_mark

You should've sent a request to her to die of an aneurism and get stiff in a air conditioned metal drawer.

16. Sig Sauer Shooter

Sig Sauer Shooter NES Member

If he was Republican....

17. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

As compared to the retardicans who ALSO do what their party tells them to do?

Yeah...these pols are WAAAAY different in how they act.

Sorry GM Guy, but you're wasting your breath on this one.

If they didn't impeach GW for Iraq, or Reagan for Iran-Contra, there is no way they can they impeach Obama for his eff ups.

To this day, I will never understand why ANY POTUS would run for a second term. Just look at the past 40 years and how horrible the second terms have been for the guy in office.

It would really be refreshing to see a one and done President from either party.

18. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone NES Member

Dear GM Guy. I only have canned responses for one issue at a time. Please write back with other issues individually so that I can insult your intelligence with lackluster answers that do and say nothing to address your concerns.

I have been elected to a position of high authority. Be thankful I allow you to express your opinions, for now.

Please continue to work hard and pay taxes. I depend on your hard work and sacrifice not only for my salary, but to buy off others in the hopes that they will continue vote for me.

Remember, some animals are more equal than others.

Love,
    Nikki

- - - Updated - - -

HW