• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just Right Carbines - Does anyone have personal experience with these?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I'm intrigued by one of these in 10mm. It takes Glock mags, and uses an AR-style trigger group.

Products - Just Right Carbines

I've read some online reviews and haven't seen anything that'll turn me away.

Does anyone have any experience with these things?

JRC-TD-TBBL_Left.png

TIA

No experience, but I'd take a chance on a take-down model in 9mm. Looks like it could come in handy.

I had one in 9mm. Honestly, it felt like an AR15 knock off if that's even possible. The whole platform just didn't feel polished given the price tag. It's been a few years since I owned one so it's possible newer iterations have improved but look at the pic you just posted. When you mount iron signs on a rifle you want as much distance as possible between the front and rear sights. With the JRC I could only mount sights on the receiver because there were no mounting options for the handguard. My memory is fuzzy but I remember the handguard mounting system not accepting standard AR15 handguards.

I bought my rifle from a LGS, I forget who at this point, so I highly recommend picking one up and playing around with it. The JRC looks like an AR15, has similar features to an AR15, but somehow it just felt off. Like they could have spent some more time working on ergonomics or polishing it up a bit.

I had one in 9mm. Honestly, it felt like an AR15 knock off if that's even possible. The whole platform just didn't feel polished given the price tag. It's been a few years since I owned one so it's possible newer iterations have improved but look at the pic you just posted. When you mount iron signs on a rifle you want as much distance as possible between the front and rear sights. With the JRC I could only mount sights on the receiver because there were no mounting options for the handguard. My memory is fuzzy but I remember the handguard mounting system not accepting standard AR15 handguards.

I bought my rifle from a LGS, I forget who at this point, so I highly recommend picking one up and playing around with it. The JRC looks like an AR15, has similar features to an AR15, but somehow it just felt off. Like they could have spent some more time working on ergonomics or polishing it up a bit.

I've been looking at them lately, haven't had my hands on one yet. But, there are three different models available. One of them has a full handguard

upload_2017-12-30_21-30-33.png

I ordered a take-down model in 10mm. Not the one with the full handguard. I plan on using an optic, and I like the idea of being able to change calibers with a new barrel and bolt.

Nice find!
I’ve been looking for a pistol cal. Carbine.

Starts @11:50

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom