Just Right Carbine NY compliant model- CT legal?

The specific fire arm I am curious about is at the following link:
http://www.slickguns.com/product/ju...y-compliant-77896-599-sh?subscription=keyword

I'll give you my opinion:
- It is not specifically named
- It is not a "copy" or "duplicate" of a named firearm. My reasoning being it does not take an AR bolt.
- It does not fail the feature test since it has that god awful, ugly stock on it instead of a pistol grip.

Long story short I would call it CT legal.

Discuss

As long as it doesn't violate these:

"Any grip of the weapon including a thumbhole stock or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing"

"Action of the weapon" means the part of the firearm that loads, fires and ejects a cartridge, which part includes, but is not limited to, the upper and lower receiver, charging handle, forward assist, magazine release and shell deflector;

And you can't put a forward grip (unless it is angled) because:

"Forward pistol grip" means any feature capable of functioning as a grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;

EMitch, where did you get the definition of "Action of the weapon"?

I have not seen that before.

Also you didn't give your opinion; is it legal or not?

I'd like to see some AR-18 based stuff come out to get around the SAFE act and similar CT BS, since the exposed buffer tube of AR-15 derivatives, IMHO, is an eyesore.

EMitch, where did you get the definition of "Action of the weapon"?

I have not seen that before.

Also you didn't give your opinion; is it legal or not?

I found it in the original bill: http://cga.ct.gov/2013/ACT/PA/2013PA-00003-R00SB-01160-PA.htm

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert on the law, not a lawyer, etc. But I did get a BA in Criminal Justice.

I believe that, per the text of the law, it would be legal. However, I'm sure that some LEO would put up a stink about it. It is ALMOST what I would consider a thumbhole stock, but since it isn't connected I don't think they could classify it as such. They could also try and claim that the buffer tube is part of the "action" but I don't know if that would fly.

Back
Top Bottom