Just picked up my first 91/30.

Lowbird

NES Member
You guys are a very bad influence. [smile] I want more now.

Picked up my first Mosin from IDC. 1935 Hex Tula. I ran in and out and forgot the bayonet. Have to grab it in the afternoon.
I will check numbers and get some pics tomorrow. I only had time to toss it in the safe and run back out to work.

They still have some round 91/30's
And a M38. That is out of my price range.

Who want's to take the new guy out to the range after I get this thing clean?
[mg]

PU scope

After you shoot with the sights update it with the a PU scope, I own 2 91/30 myself plus and 8mm Mauser that I enjoy shooting. Definitely clean it well. happy shooting[laugh2]

nyneguqe.jpg

I need to get a stock 91/31 to go with my frankin mosin.

Between that pic and Gman021's white one. It put me over the edge. Combined with them not getting any cheaper. IDC raised prices $50 in a month. It is average with what is online.

$175. On par with some online vendors with shipping, etc. I've seen 91/30's listed at $130-$200. Spam can was priced about right also.
Someone on here picked one up for $125 a month ago.

The M38 they have there I think they want $375. I think.
It better be a rare combo 38. Matching stock, etc. I will look tomorrow when I pick up my bayonet.

What model 15-22? Performance center msrp is $769. With how scarce they are it's commanding a premium. Not right. But it's business.

Last edited:
What does a C&R do in this case that a regular license won't?

They had these for $199 at H-S in Auburn. I was still hoping for $119 each by the case from Bob's, but I think those days might be gone now. What ever happened to the notion of "surplus"?

Congratulations on your rifle.

Some of the better deals can be had direct from importers. The C&R allows you to have them shipped direct to you. A couple transfers and it pays for itself. Nevermind that some retailers will give you a general discount.

As for what happened to "surplus" it is combination of a couple of things. First, the end of WWII saw the development of automatic infantry rifles. Then, combine that with the hughes amendment and it effectively kills surplus arms after a certain time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

In this case. C&R did nothing. I still have to record it though. The background check is not needed on a C&R purchase.
If he found one somewhere else and wanted to cut the middleman. It's a benefit. Potentially saving some funds for ammo.

I do hope that the market levels out at some point. But I don't see it.
I may be new. But searching back to 05/06. Looking at the prices then and now. I can understand how some guys have amazing collections now.

You guys are a very bad influence. [smile] I want more now.

Picked up my first Mosin from IDC. 1935 Hex Tula. I ran in and out and forgot the bayonet. Have to grab it in the afternoon.
I will check numbers and get some pics tomorrow. I only had time to toss it in the safe and run back out to work.

They still have some round 91/30's
And a M38. That is out of my price range.

Who want's to take the new guy out to the range after I get this thing clean?
[mg]

You are now AWESOME

Took a quick look at the M38. Seems to have the "right" stock. I might start a layaway on it next Friday if someone doesn't grab it. Someone with more knowledge than me would know it's value. $375 is steep. Might go for a M44 for less $.

What does a C&R do in this case that a regular license won't?

They had these for $199 at H-S in Auburn. I was still hoping for $119 each by the case from Bob's, but I think those days might be gone now. What ever happened to the notion of "surplus"?

Congratulations on your rifle.

I doubt you will see $119 again.... Tats the funny thing about "surplus". When you wait to long and it all gone its a "collectible" and your wallet it the one that feels it! Kick myself for missing the $200 k31's

Found another 91/30 on GB. Got very lucky on the price. My auction ended and he redid all his other listings for $75 more to start.
Some pics from the auction. It's a 42 Izhevsk
I also scored an M44 barreled action. I will make a thread on that build. I'd like some opinions on stocks, scopes, etc.

9130-2.jpg9130-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom