Just picked up another one today...

Nashmack

Banned
Today I was browsing the racks at the shop when a VZ24 just jumped right out at me! She said she wanted to go home with me, so I obliged since she had a very pretty bore and an oh so slick bolt...She's got some dings in the stock and the bluing is a little worn, but I think it adds character.

I also grabbed some ammo, I think it was decently priced and should keep the Czech well fed for a little while. I got 40 rounds of new production Olympic for a set of Smith K frame square butt wood grips, and 4 bandoleers (2 Yugo, 2 Turk) for $7 a pop, I cant wait to run it through her[smile]

Anyone else have a VZ24?

Nashmack said:
Today I was browsing the racks at the shop when a VZ24 just jumped right out at me! She said she wanted to go home with me, so I obliged since she had a very pretty bore and an oh so slick bolt...She's got some dings in the stock and the bluing is a little worn, but I think it adds character.

I also grabbed some ammo, I think it was decently priced and should keep the Czech well fed for a little while. I got 40 rounds of new production Olympic for a set of Smith K frame square butt wood grips, and 4 bandoleers (2 Yugo, 2 Turk) for $7 a pop, I cant wait to run it through her[smile]

Anyone else have a VZ24?

Top one is my VZ24. Its rearsenalled and has the Lion crest on the receiver. Price was more than I wanted to pay, but being bought back to brand new again by the Czechs comes with a price. The wood on mine is absolutely mint and has some tiger stripping. It shoots great at 50 yards, just a little high so it should be spot on at 100.

a6084fb8.jpg

Very accurate, smooth, and built well. I can see why these have gained a reputation as one of the best Mauser types around. Now I need a 98/22, in fact, I think I'll order one Monday.[smile]

Nashmack said:
I need to borrow a digi, and unfortunately I haven't even sent my C&R app in yet[sad2]

Bad excuse. My best pics are from a 35mm camera with a photo CD checked on the development envelop. [wink] Kodak Picture CD with Photobucket's resizing and posting technology equals this:

003_23.jpg

Nashmack said:
I need to find a bayonette, cleaning rod, and front sight gaurd for mine, anyone know where I can find em?

Check Sarco's add in Shotgun News. I've seem all the items you mentioned in recent adds. They may even have them listed online.
I just need a sling for mine.

Back
Top Bottom