• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just picked up a little Chiappa Little Badger 22 magnum rifle

M60

NES Member
I just picked up a Chiappa Little Badger, single shot, 22 magnum rifle, brand new in the box, for $ 90.00. Obviously you don't expect much for $ 90.00 but have I been surprised so far. The only thing that I don't like, is that the sights and scope base are plastic. That aside, this is a surprisingly well put together little rifle. Blue finish is good, as is the wood to metal fit. The trigger is the big surprise. If I didn't know better, I'd say it's one of the better match grade triggers I've ever used. It's a folder and comes with it's own pouch, that also has adjustable straps for carrying back pack style. These rifles are made in Italy. I added an old aimpoint red dot scope with quick release rings that I had laying around and it's good to go. I'm hoping it will be a good, grab it quick and nail a coyote gun. Range report to follow. My nephew has the same rifle in 22 long rifle. Using the plastic iron sights, he says his is pretty accurate, but has only used it at the 50yard line.

I've got one in .22lr and it's dead nuts accurate. I bought it for the novelty but it's been a nice surprise. Wood stock?

Ok where'd you get it for $90 ? That's half the price of the cheapest (new) one I've come across. I have the .22lr and it's one of my favorite rifles, go figure. That and the m1 carbine. Same sights I guess.

Ok where'd you get it for $90 ? That's half the price of the cheapest (new) one I've come across. I have the .22lr and it's one of my favorite rifles, go figure. That and the m1 carbine. Same sights I guess.

The plastic sights don't seem to hamper the accuracy much and yes, the sights are very similar to M1 carbine sights for sure. My nephew is adding one of the good old Redfield Widefield, 3-9 scopes to his. I'm wondering what that will do in place of the plastic sights.

I got curious what this looks like, so I googled for it. Turns out they also make a Little Badger Deluxe Shotgun. It has a wood stock, and it is chambered for 9mm rimfire Flobert shot shells. I figured everyone on NES would want to know about this, since the demand for Flobert products is high here. :)

9mm rimfire! You're kidding right?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7iA0L9zCs

Plastic does not mean bad. i have some plastic rails on some of my pellet guns. They are tough as and steel.
New age plastics are pretty good.
The sights on the badger are the same as on thier M1 22lr carbine my friend has one and hes had no problems yet.
I have plastic match sights on a daisy 10m pellet gun have to be 30 years old now and holding up just fine.

Plastic does not mean bad. i have some plastic rails on some of my pellet guns. They are tough as and steel.
The sights on the badger are the same as on thier M1 22lr carbine my friend has one and hes had no problems yet.
I have plastic match sights on a daisy 10m pellet gun have to be 30 years old now and holding up just fine.

I always found it interesting that some people question the quality of plastic sights when probably more than half of the handguns sold today have an entire frame made of plastic.

9mm rimfire! You're kidding right?

Nope, he isn't kidding. The 9mm Flobert is typically used for pest control.

With all the interest in Flobert, we should start a group buy.

9mm Flobert[edit]
9mm Flobert shot, 9mm Flobert shot, .22 Long Rifle shot, .22 Long Rifle, .22 Long Rifle shot, .22 CB Short, and 9 mm Flobert BB cap
In Europe, garden guns designed for the 9 mm Flobert rimfire shotshell cartridge are common,[7] and face very little to no restriction, even in countries with strict gun laws.

This cartridge can also fire a small ball, but is primarily loaded with a small amount of shot. Its power and range are very limited, making it suitable only for pest control.[8]Fiocchi-made 9 mm Flobert rimfire ammunition uses a 1.75" brass shotshell firing 1/4 oz shot of No. 8 shot with a velocity of 600 fps.

The Chiappa Little Badger Shotgun is a single shot, 9 mm Flobert break-action shotgun. It features a wire butt-stock and a 24-inch smooth bore barrel.[9] There is also an additional small section of picatinny rail behind the trigger, allowing the user to add a pistol grip.

The Chiappa Little Badger Deluxe Shotgun is also a single shot, 9 mm Flobert break-action shotgun.[10] It features wooden furniture,[11] a 24-inch smooth-bore barrel and is 38.5 inches in overall length.[11]

Garden gun - Wikipedia

Yeah, but how long will plastic rails hold up to the recoil of a .22 or pellet gun? ;)

Back
Top Bottom