Just passed my Extra last night.

Now the search begins. I would like to begin to listen and learn on 10 and 20. Is anyone out there selling an older rig or retiring a unassembled heath kit?
/sarcasm
But I am really looking for a rig for morse and to listen.

If it's mainly CW you are interested in, and don't mind QRP, you've got a ton of options including some fun kits.

elecraft.com A little pricey but their kit radios are 2nd to none in performance and quality.

Youkits HB1B is a great little 5-band CW only rig for $300. I have 2 other QRP rigs and am still considering this one. You can listen to SSB as well as work CW with it.

There are some great kits here at qrpkits.com Many designed by KD1JV Steve Weber who is a legendary small radio designer.

And as evtide said, there's lots of used stuff out there. The nice thing about electronics is transistors don't wear out.

Congrats! Have you thought about any of the digital modes? BPSK, JT-65, JT-9. Lots of fun. I'm just learning after 40yrs of hamming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the search begins. I would like to begin to listen and learn on 10 and 20. Is anyone out there selling an older rig or retiring a unassembled heath kit?
/sarcasm
But I am really looking for a rig for morse and to listen.

The Waltham 2m repeater has a swapnet Wednesday nights at 8pm. Listen in and pipe up if any gear sounds appealing.

Back
Top Bottom