• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just got my new LTC

Laura

NES Member
I was playing phone tag for the longest at the beginning of July and the Detective I needed to speak to was on extended vacation. It's been awhile since I renewed so I couldn't recall the drill but after finally connecting with his stand in - by email - I dropped off the paperwork and the Detective returned that Monday. I got an appointment with him, also by email, on the 31st of July and received my LTC today, effective on my birthday. It was very straight-forward when I arrived for the appointment: no questions asked, check, fingerprints - no photo - they use the photo from the DMV. He also said it shouldn't take long given my job (federal). How has it been for everyone else?

I was 6 1/2 weeks, no pic no prints. The way my town handles renewals is to just drop off the paperwork and check and thats it. No phone tag, emails, appointments, etc. I gave it to the person at the desk on a Saturday morning and just waited for it to show up in the mail. Pretty painless.

The hardest part for me was getting someone - and with my job that bans cellphones. So I tried reaching the stand in on July 9th, a week later, I finally got in touch. What a pain....note to self, find a new job with an agency that's less anal....

I was playing phone tag for the longest at the beginning of July and the Detective I needed to speak to was on extended vacation. It's been awhile since I renewed so I couldn't recall the drill but after finally connecting with his stand in - by email - I dropped off the paperwork and the Detective returned that Monday. I got an appointment with him, also by email, on the 31st of July and received my LTC today, effective on my birthday. It was very straight-forward when I arrived for the appointment: no questions asked, check, fingerprints - no photo - they use the photo from the DMV. He also said it shouldn't take long given my job (federal). How has it been for everyone else?

Your birthday shouldn't have anything to do with it's effective/issue date. Your Birthday is your expiration date in 5-ish years. How far away is your birthday and how long are they denying your firearm rights for?

Assuming it was a Peabody renewal, direct line into the Licensing Officer's office is 978-538-6338. I too have found it's easier to get ahold of them via email, or for that matter essentially being a one person Occupy Movement outside their office......

Your birthday shouldn't have anything to do with it's effective/issue date. Your Birthday is your expiration date in 5-ish years. How far away is your birthday and how long are they denying your firearm rights for?

My current LTC expires on 10/6/18. The one I received in the mail shows the issue date as 10/6/2018 and it expires 10/06/2024.

Back
Top Bottom