• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Guns Thread from start to future

Are you using Duracoat spray paint?
Nope. Mostly just off the shelf rustoleum/kylon/duplicator stuff.

I used vht header paint on one of the barrels.
I meant to do it on all of them.
Just got lazy with it.
The white on the grendel was vht enamel engine paint.

The green is a dodge green from the challenger/charger.
The bronze is a duplicator engine enamel.

The desert storm AR (450 bushmaster) is all rustoleum hammered line paint

I have a audi dark grey coming in for the AR10 in the next week or 2

Nope. Mostly just off the shelf rustoleum/kylon/duplicator stuff.

I used vht header paint on one of the barrels.
I meant to do it on all of them.
Just got lazy with it.
The white on the grendel was vht enamel engine paint.

The green is a dodge green from the challenger/charger.
The bronze is a duplicator engine enamel.

The desert storm AR (450 bushmaster) is all rustoleum hammered line paint

I have a audi dark grey coming in for the AR10 in the next week or 2
I am not a fan of the cheap spray paint jobs. I want to see how they will handle solvents and other junk. Also, the texture feels weird.

I painted a stock I wasn't using and did not like it. I used Rustoleum camo paint.

This is just personal opinion. Some people make a good point that this way they can re-paint their guns for different hunts. That makes sense.

Full of disappointment today.
Went to the range to play with buffer weights and springs to see if I could get things to run smoother.
While I succeeded with the .223/5.56 wylde and AR 47. I got back home and was reloading mags and such and noticed the stock and grip came loose on the AR47.

The grip is dead, not a 100% sure on the stock because the finishing on the inside isn't seller.

IMG_20231118_172159943.jpg
IMG_20231118_172211970.jpg
IMG_20231118_172240519.jpg

Back to plastic fantastic grip and stock

More things done.
So I discovered that I very much enjoy 2 stage triggers and my favorite company had a sale on black Friday for them.

So I replaced the remaining milspec single stage triggers(except the purple ar which is dedicated 22lr) to these.
3 in total only 2 pictured.

1000015866.jpg

I like these so much so, I'm selling my other Triggertech competitive triggers here
Triggertech triggers

So I can replace them with the same.

Also finally got my hands on a od green grip for my arex. Been waiting on that since I bought it. Also got the aluminum trigger upgrade with an additional extended mag release button because I'm lazy.

1000012219.jpg

1000012416.jpg

That's all for now.

Check the other threads before buying , apparently ammo is getting tough to come by. It will most likely not last long, but you may not be able to enjoy whatever you buy.

A 22 rifle, 12ga shotgun, and a small carry in .380 or larger are pretty much standard in anyones safe.

There are some good deals in the FS section on here.
Actually 9mm verses a .380 is much more so a standard firearm for pretty much everyone. The Sig P365 fits that niche very nicely. Its probably the single best selling 9mm these days and can be had with the optic ready plate on the slide.

Actually 9mm verses a .380 is much more so a standard firearm for pretty much everyone. The Sig P365 fits that niche very nicely. Its probably the single best selling 9mm these days and can be had with the optic ready plate on the slide.
I covered pretty much all my caliber bases.
I have 2 striker fired and the rest hammer.

Off the top of my head, there's only 2 more striker style gun I want.

I wanted to like the p320 and p365. But I can't trust either of them.

Last edited:
What I would recommend is to find a range with rentals and spend some shooting the pistols on your wish list. Or did Maura get them all closed down? Everybody is suggesting their favorite here, which may or may not be the best choice for YOU. I'd say get the one which YOU shoot well with. then get a couple boxes of various ammo and have a range day. Find the right boolet ( weight / shape) and put a couple hundred rounds downrange.

Best wishes to ya. [cheers]

No trust in a 365? Why?

View: https://youtu.be/ljx9DpEMego?si=PAuh_f4futHL7OJT

What I would recommend is to find a range with rentals and spend some shooting the pistols on your wish list. Or did Maura get them all closed down? Everybody is suggesting their favorite here, which may or may not be the best choice for YOU. I'd say get the one which YOU shoot well with. then get a couple boxes of various ammo and have a range day. Find the right boolet ( weight / shape) and put a couple hundred rounds downrange.

Best wishes to ya. [cheers]
I've pretty much got all the pistols I desire chosen.
If you casually scroll through the thread ( I know, it's a long read) you would have seen that 👍

More updates

I've wanted to try the unity mount out of curiosity. But didn't want to spend $400.
So a trip to Amazon for the knock off's.
First I grabbed a 0.67 riser with the flip mount.
Found out it cut off some of the viewing window of the dot. Back to Amazon and found a monstrum 0.88 inch.
That lined up pretty much perfect.

1000017117.jpg

1000017026.jpg
1000017121.jpg

Now that's sorted out, the next piece you already see in the other pictures.
A side charger like my other rifles.
Combined with a bad lever of your choice (phase 5 for me) makes it magnafique.
Have one on order for the AR10 right now.

1000017022.jpg
And the last piece for the rifle at the moment. The kinetic development group qd mlok for the bipod.
1000017023.jpg

And the last gun part.
A keltec ks7.
1000016862.jpg

This was a black Friday $300 special(layaway).
Ahead of time, I ordered the mcarbo aluminum trigger and spring kit along with an aluminum hi viz follower.
Also ordered the Missouri tactical rear recoil pad, check foam pad and grip plug.
Followed by a rail from keltec to replace the carry handle.
1000017116.jpg

The trigger and spring install in not for the faint of heart. 1st day spent 7-8 hours trying to reassemble everything. Finally gave up for about a week and went back to it and finished it in a hour or so. Spring tension is a bitch with this job.

Got some "gear" as well.
Snagged a pair of Salomon x ultra 4 mid gtx and some wool socks. 1000016960.jpg

And lastly just for shits and giggles a new hatchet/axe/tomahawk with fire starter from tops knives.

1000016962.jpg

A better flashlight mount for the fs is found.
Typically there was the surefire and streamlight mounts.
But they are discontinued and stupid pricey if you can find them.
I got the tdi mount a bit back and while it does the job, it's a bit bulky.
So I went on a search again and found a new one.
The company is www.trgear.com .
They also make one for 1911's.
Overall it fits tighter to the frame and trigger guard and also fits the tier 1 concealed holster better than the tdi with some adjustments.

1000018043.jpg

1000018011.jpg

1000018044.jpg

1000018045.jpg

Back
Top Bottom