Just got my dream job.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Very cool. You have a long and storied history of making young children cry. My daughter being one of them. Gosh she was so freaked out. That was. . . . . . . . . 2005, maybe? I had never been before. Haven't been back since.

Congrats. Enjoy the job.

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
That seems like the best job an outdoorsman could have! I grow a pretty gnarly beard every winter. I bet I would be perfect for that part in like 20 years or so. ;)

drgelinas

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, congrats! Clark’s was an annual visit when we had the family vacation home at Village of Loon, it is a fun place.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What was the job interview like?

Also, I remember going to 'Clarks' as a child (I'm 49 now) even have pictures, but I don't remember anything about a 'Wolfman'. So now I'm scratching my head, as a life long 'New Englander' feeling that I've been cheated out of part of my childhood. :(

Last edited:

vickers

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kids have fond memories of going there every year since they were little with my parents. My mom took us there as kids and wanted to take my kids there every summer as part of a day trip so she did. I would hear about Wolfman yelling at them every year when they got home. Two of them are in college now so it's been a while but it's a great place and I am glad someone is carrying on the Wolfman tradition!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the job interview like?

Also, I remember going to 'Clarks' as a child (I'm 49 now) even have pictures, but I don't remember anything about a 'Wolfman'. So now I'm scratching my head has a life ling 'New Englander' feeling that I've been cheated out of part of my childhood. :(
I've been working as a rides attendant for the past 3 years. They needed a new wolfman last minute and since I have facial hair they asked me,( most of the other employees are teenagers). I also have an acting background with community theater.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, looks like we may see you tomorrow! Despite seeing them in the back yard, kids want to see bears....and I guess get a longer look at them!!

TJRaccoon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Congrats, try to love every day it.
I did the CTP thing as a kid, and brought my daughter

BTW the best thread I've seen all weekend.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Congrats, Clark’s Trading Post is the oldest roadside attraction in the USA. You’re now a part of history! My family first visited Clark’s in 1955. Lots of visits since. Many years ago I had a patient whose brother was one of the early wolfmen. Cool stuff.
If you read American Gods, by Neil Gaiman, you'll find:

Quote by Neil Gaiman: “It's perfectly simple," said Wednesday. "In oth...”

It's more than just a bear show, apparently [cue X-Files music].

Joe G

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was camping in NH last week. We were driving past Clark's so I had to drop in for old time's sake. The big scary Wolfman was outside the gift shop signing a stuffed animal for some mom's now grown-up son. He's not nearly as scary when he's holding a plushie. Good to meet you!

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but with all the times we've been up there - and now with the house lot in Lisbon - I've never been to Clark's. That may have to change. [grin]

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh man, we drove through Lincoln two days ago, if I'd seen this thread we'd have visited. I heard the old guy died so we skipped Clark's. :(

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was camping in NH last week. We were driving past Clark's so I had to drop in for old time's sake. The big scary Wolfman was outside the gift shop signing a stuffed animal for some mom's now grown-up son. He's not nearly as scary when he's holding a plushie. Good to meet you!
It was nice to meet you Joe.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I remember going to Clarks Trading Post as a child, a very long time ago. The bears and the Wolfman were so cool.
We went to all of the usual touristy parks, Six Gun City, Santa's Village, StoryLand, Polar Caves, etc. Fast forward 30 years, I made sure my kids had the same adventures. My youngest son said he wanted to be the Wolfman at Clarks when he grew up. I showed him your post today and he was so happy for you! Congratulations, to enjoy your job makes it less than work!!!
We went by Six Gun City two weeks ago on the way to Santa's Village, it's a ghost town.

Top Bottom