Just got home with my very FIRST GUN PURCHASE

Well I am very happy to have finally received my Class A LTC, No Restrictions on Wednesday, (exactly 7 weeks to the day) from the VERY professional and green town of Millbury! I have to say, they entire experience was an absolute pleasure, the LO was very down to earth and friendly!

She allowed me to fully explain the 1 arrest I happened to have on my record from the day after I turned 18 ( which was dismissed of course) she set my mind at ease and told me she would talk to the chief for me and put in a good word, and apparently she did!

Well I had purchased a Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Range and Carry Kit about a month ago and it was being held at the gun shop for me, I went down there on the day my LTC came in the mail and was told that I was "Delayed" by the NICS background check system....the store owner assured me this is common on first time purchases and sure enough he called me 2 days later (today) and said they got back to him with the "Proceed" status.

Anyway, it was definitely a please to finally get my first purchase home and really familiarize myself with it, the range kit is definitely nice with the holster, 3 mags and the speed loader (which comes in handy for a newb) haha gonna go to First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge tomorrow because they have over 500 holsters apparently, gonna try to find a nice IWB holster ( anybody got any suggestions?)

Here's some pictures, as I understand it is customary to post pics of your first purchase, I can't wait to take this fine piece to the range, maybe tommorow...

7yqe7y7u.jpg

a8eqy6u8.jpg

ure9etup.jpg

nahe7a4y.jpg

y5u7u6ym.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats..first thing dump the holster it came with and buy a quality holster............but the MP was my first handgun, good starter pistol

I wouldn't consider it a starter pistol. I've carried for years and have over 20 handguns, but carry my M&P's most often.
To the OP: one thng I did with my full sized 9mm was to slighty dremel down that beavertail on the rear of the gun. It was a bit annoying when carrying IWB.

Congrats! Great choice for a first gun, the .40 is a great all around caliber. Have fun shooting it! Just don't hate the gun after you shoot it with the stock MA 10lb trigger. You will need to get a trigger job or a Apex kit to normalize the gun. I had Greg Derr (Derr Precision) do my M&P40's trigger and it is awesome. I installed the apex kit in my M&P9 and it's close but not quite as smooth or crisp as a professional pistol smiths work in my opinion.

Drive to uxbridge and pick up a crossbreed at first defense. They stock them. Even for southpaws like me. No waiting. Strap it on and forget it's even there. But definatly buy the crossbreed

Congrats. Enjoy shooting it.

Do you belong to a club with a range you can use?

If you want to concealed carry you might consider a true compact sized pistol. I usually carry my Walther P99c AS but even the full sized P99 is easier to conceal than the S&W imo. Lots of smaller carry guns that pack 10 round magazines.

There's an NES member who custom makes Leather and Kydex IWB holsters. I was dying to get one but lost the link and am currently broke. I can't find the link now, anyone know who I'm talking about? o_O He is MA based and I believe his website boasted that it was a two man operation between him and his dog (Almost positive that was on the site I'm thinking of) lol

Its a good gun, easy to clean if you ever do need to, and works very reliably, well at least mine dose

Good luck man and have fun

Nice! be safe stay safe and have fun. First order of the day, learn to field strip it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom