• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just got Certificate

Hey guys I'm new to the forums, although I've been lurking for a while. I just picked up my firearm safety certificate now I just need to fill out the LTC forms and get those submitted.

After reading how difficult or near impossible it can be to get a LTC class A in some cities and towns I'm VERY happy to learn that where I live hands them out for all lawful purposes on a regular basis.

I can't wait to go purchase my first pistol in a few months. Any suggestions for a good carry weapon? I've been looking at so many different models it's overwhelming.

Welcome and good luck!

What to buy has a lot to do with what you are comfortable with, what prior experience you've had with firearms, what you intend to do with it (carry, target, competition, etc.), etc. My personal favorite may not be suitable for you.

If you search these forums, this question has been asked and answered a number of times before and there may be info you can benefit from already here.

Welcome to the forum!

As for what to carry... wow. That's such a personal choice that only YOU can make it. However... what you can do is to go to the range with folks here (many of us have made offers to take new shooters to the range!), or you can go to the ranges in the area that rent guns to be used there.

Try Boston Gun Range in Worcester, Manchester Firing Line in Manchester, NH or American Firearms School in North Attleboro.

good luck!

Ross

Congratulations! I won't have a suggestion that you will like, but you should do it anyway. Your first purchase should be a .22 lr target pistol. Your choice if you want semi-auto or revolver. But you should lean toward whichever you're planning on carrying.
Take that puppy to the range for a few months before you get a carry gun. No point having a gun on you if you're not going to hit anything anyway [wink]

Congrats and welcome to NES! SR makes a great point about being able to not only shoot, but properly handle a gun before carrying one. Best of luck with the LTC application!

SiameseRat said:
Congratulations! I won't have a suggestion that you will like, but you should do it anyway. Your first purchase should be a .22 lr target pistol. Your choice if you want semi-auto or revolver. But you should lean toward whichever you're planning on carrying.
Take that puppy to the range for a few months before you get a carry gun. No point having a gun on you if you're not going to hit anything anyway [wink]

Welcome to the board 95blklsc. Speaking as an instuctor, I second what SR said if you can swing it. Learning the correct way to shoot is much easier with a .22 (and all this is given that you're not an experienced shooter. [smile] )

Back
Top Bottom