• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

just got back from Iraq

Dave6

Banned
I just got back from Iraq after spending over a month there with photographer Jeff Gardner. I was filming in various Christian and ethnic villages mainly Assyrian and Armenian.
Most villages have formed small militias to protect themselves from ISIS attacks.
One Armenian village I was in has a militia of no more than 22 men and they have deflected every attempt Daesh has made on them.
They are using guns from world war 1 and world war 2 to defend themselves.
I am producing a documentary on this region and need to fund it more. will post the trailer as soon as its finished. though this project would interest you guys, its actually a very pro gun program. a great deal of the interviews focus on how gun ownership protected the christian community. the mayor of the village told me "i love guns and i love my family because with the gun you can protect the family so they are my two favorite things." -

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an amazing trip - looking forward to the documentary...

It was amazing. I never thought Iraq would be one of my favorite places with such wonderful people. Without out a doubt there are horrible things and people there but the Christian communities and the Yazidi people were in general extremely kind and loving people. And the armenians and assyrians are some o the most pro gun people in the world.

Why doesn't Obama bring them all to the USA as refugees?

Something I plan on discussing in the documentary. the actual primary people who have been targeted by Isis are christians and Yazidi peoples but they are not granted refugee status. the US has diversity laws that dictate muslims who are a "minority" in Europe and North America need to be given priority.
We all know what is going on here.

Something I plan on discussing in the documentary. the actual primary people who have been targeted by Isis are christians and Yazidi peoples but they are not granted refugee status. the US has diversity laws that dictate muslims who are a "minority" in Europe and North America need to be given priority.
This kind of immigration policy is what has wrecked America, it will not change and it's too late anyway.

welcome back.

Ok. I am just a good ole boy. but doesn't it seem like the Christians are the ones that are persecuted yet we are letting the muslims ( doing the persecuting in). Kind of like how during the WWII bombings in berlin Nazis were fleeing but I would not call them refugees.

Good work you're doing to bring this to light.

That said, I have a couple of extra spam cans of HXP M2 if they could use it.

welcome back.

Ok. I am just a good ole boy. but doesn't it seem like the Christians are the ones that are persecuted yet we are letting the muslims ( doing the persecuting in). Kind of like how during the WWII bombings in berlin Nazis were fleeing but I would not call them refugees.

Syrian people who are not in line with ISIS should be closer to Assad and his troops. Russia is not bombing Assad's territory. however innocent people still have homes, jobs, business in the ISIS controlled zones. fighting age men who flee are one of three things, cowards, people at the end of their rope with children to worry about or ISIS conspirators. There were Syrian refugees in the villages i was filming but they were all Christians fleeing Islamic extremists mass slaughter. If you are against ISIS and you are a young man then you need to take a stand and join a force combating them, plain and simple.

Last edited:
What can I do to help?

There are organizations that you could donate to. restore nenivah now, and various Middle easter Christian organizations. I am trying to find a way to create a fund for the the Armenian village where i was filming. The people of Havresc do not want to live on handouts they are proud people with strong work ethics and want investment to help create business, in the meantime they need food, medicine, ect. I am hoping the documentary can work as a fund raiser for the village here is a link to my page - https://www.gofundme.com/xkptuc

A Marine I served with just got back as well from fighting ISIS alongside the peshmerga, I wonder if you crossed paths.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/05/marine-boston-dog-iraq-isis-spca-international/

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Someone from the Kurdish PKK asked me to join the Peshmerga but i declined. I will not get into the politics or details of what is going on at this moment. But I spent my time mostly with the Christian militias not the Kurdish.

What do you use for protection when you are over there?

There are various things one can do. As I said before I was with the Christian militias. I suggest everyone stay armed in such areas and stay with communities and people you know and trust. Most of my time was spent in Christian and Yazadi districts. Never once did i feel unwelcome or threatened amongst the Assyrian, Armenian or Yazadi people in fact children and young men would come to talk to me almost every where and bring me smokes and candy as gifts and the Kurdish people were often cordial and easy to get along with. Now there are other areas where its a whole different story.
If you bring a gun make sure you go through all the federal paper work but do not expect to bring it back. the obama administration has made it impossible to bring your firearm back to the states. if you get all the clearance i suggest you get a high point 45 for no more than 100-250 bucks and then expect it to be taken from you on the way back never to be seen again.
Bringing a ka bar or hunting knife is very easy.

Last edited:

Wow, that is pathetic. What is wrong with America? The next round of elections can't come soon enough. I look forward to seeing your documentary. Thank you for your work.

Does the Armenian Government or Armenian religious organizations do anything to help their people in hostile territory?

The Armenian government is broke. Armenian Iraqi people are all Iraqi citizens and most all have been rooted in Iraq for 3-4 generations or more.
Most are eastern Orthodox christians and many maintain the Armenian language amongst their own circle but they are also born and raised in Iraq. I have been told little has been done. In my opinion anyone who is a christian, anyone who is against genocide and anyone who is a enemy to radical islam and Daesh should help these people in any way they can. Our government and the western governments aside from Russia has given two shits about the well being of these people and sat silent as they were slaughtered and raped.

This is a great story that I will be following. I hope Dave can get the word out on this because this story would appeal to any red blooded American. Perhaps the village can get enough funding until we get a republican in office.

Why doesn't Obama bring them all to the USA as refugees?

I hope one day we can bring them here. Obama is bringing terrorist sympathizers and ISIS here.

The people of the village Havresc much more deserving and I hope they have the choice to come here one day.

So many shady organizations are importing all kinds of nerdowells so why not let these folks have a chance?

I will be sharing this story with some friends and I think it would be great to get the word out.

Happen to have a cite for that? Never was aware quotas made it into this area of policy too. Christians are certainly a minority in Iraq which seems like it is more relevant to determining refugee status than whether you would be a minority here..

Take a minute and throw these people a few bucks. They have nothing compared to us and our country is only concerned with the muzzies. Buy them a case of 7.62x39. I'm sure they'll sleep a little better at night knowing their magazines are full because someone in the US is thinking about them.

Take a minute and throw these people a few bucks. They have nothing compared to us and our country is only concerned with the muzzies. Buy them a case of 7.62x39. I'm sure they'll sleep a little better at night knowing their magazines are full because someone in the US is thinking about them.

https://www.gofundme.com/xkptuc

Is that same as this:

http://www.picturechristians.org/?p=1553

I would be more inclined to donate to this site since they take paypal.

It has been a few months. Is there an update for this?

https://www.gofundme.com/xkptuc

Is that same as this:

http://www.picturechristians.org/?p=1553

It has been a few months. Is there an update for this?

Picture christians project is a partner of this documentary and has done much to aid havresc and many other christian communities in the middle east. Picture christians is co producing the documentary.
If you send the money to picture christians it will be used to aid the Christian communities that I am sure of but drop them a line and let them know what you want the money to be directed to. the go fund me is my site that I am running to fund the documentary that I in turn will use to fund and publicize the village. -David

Happen to have a cite for that? Never was aware quotas made it into this area of policy too. Christians are certainly a minority in Iraq which seems like it is more relevant to determining refugee status than whether you would be a minority here..

one of many reports. Many reports. many people through out the world who face genocide are refused refugee status by the US government.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/3...ed-asylum-in-us-facing-looming-expulsion.html

Are they concerned that publicizing the village as Christian may draw even more attacks by Muslims / ISIS ?

No they are open to publicity. Hiding does not work ISIS will attack regardless they are only 30 kilometers or so from ISIS controlled territory.
Right now things are calm but there is a future they want in this village. They want it to be an Armenian/ Christian safe haven even after ISIS is destroyed. So they need to reach out to the global community and make themselves known. Already this has helped while i was there six other europeans and Americans were visiting trying to find ways to help the community. So it has proved to be in their best interest to reach out.

Back
Top Bottom