Just got approval for Pandemic Unemployment...but I didn't apply

Thirwell1216

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Looks like the bottom feeders are going after any source of cash here in MA. Just got a letter from the state approving my Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. I never applied, I've been working, and dont need it. Looks like I'm starting a long weekend dealing with this. Been on the phone waiting for 50 minutes already....yeah!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the bottom feeders are going after any source of cash here in MA. Just got a letter from the state approving my Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. I never applied, I've been working, and dont need it. Looks like I'm starting a long weekend dealing with this. Been on the phone waiting for 50 minutes already....yeah!
I've heard this few times now. Your name is probably attached to their bank account and routing number so hey can get the cash.

Thirwell1216

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Uhhggg...guess this is the excuse to get a life lock type service set up: Update.

Got off the phone with the State. Fraud dept for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance is swamped and isn't even taking calls. Put in a stop payment request with the person on the phone. Called Equifax put a lock on credit....

Last edited:

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
"New Nigerian Scam"?

What a racist name.

Almost like calling Covid 19 a Chinese Virus.

Sorry this happened to you.

You've been on hold for 50 minutes?

You are wasting your time.

They don't even answer the phones.

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
How do you get hurt if they put money in your account?
1. It's not going to Uzi's account. The scammers have his name on their account.

2. Eventually, I bet they will audit people. He'd probably get charged with fraud a year or two down the road and then will have to prove it wasn't him. Guilty until proven innocent when the gov't is involved.

EvilDragon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Yeah, I've heard about this. The Nigerians are using data that was compromised from a few years back. So if you've been had, it's because your data is freely available online. You should be taking defensive measures.

Thirwell1216

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
1. It's not going to Uzi's account. The scammers have his name on their account.

2. Eventually, I bet they will audit people. He'd probably get charged with fraud a year or two down the road and then will have to prove it wasn't him. Guilty until proven innocent when the gov't is involved.

Yep...That is why I was on the horn with them as soon as I got the notice. Trying to create a paper trail to demonstrate it is another party involved. The woman at the Pandemic Assistance UI hotline was horrified when she saw how different my email, address, and bank account was. I got disconected 2x during a transfer to tier 2 fraud departments at the state. Kept calling back. Total mess.

Somewhere in Nigeria, there are some 17 year olds hopped up on energy drinks and drugs that are working round the clock on this stuff.

Evil Dragon....I called Experian and put a lock on my credit and got their monitoring service. They contact the other folks like Transunion and for a fee and if anyone tries to take a loan or open a bank account, they get locked out. I'd just love to find out where the nigerians opened a bank account in my name though.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yep...That is why I was on the horn with them as soon as I got the notice. Trying to create a paper trail to demonstrate it is another party involved. The woman at the Pandemic Assistance UI hotline was horrified when she saw how different my email, address, and bank account was. I got disconected 2x during a transfer to tier 2 fraud departments at the state. Kept calling back. Total mess.

Somewhere in Nigeria, there are some 17 year olds hopped up on energy drinks and drugs that are working round the clock on this stuff.

Evil Dragon....I called Experian and put a lock on my credit and got their monitoring service. They contact the other folks like Transunion and for a fee and if anyone tries to take a loan or open a bank account, they get locked out. I'd just love to find out where the nigerians opened a bank account in my name though.
Screw calling. Get an Email from the person and solve it via Email. Get someones direct number.

You want thet sh*t on paper ASAP, and dont trust the govt will keep a record of it, you want it all in YOUR inbox, not the governments inbox.

Top Bottom