Just got a visit from DHS and the Framingham police...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
They wanted to know if we had any security cameras. I guess they are getting ready for the marathon and must be hitting every business along the route asking them this. Anyone else get a visit yet?

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yeah, I got that, but was wondering what they said they were going to do with the information.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I don't know of many home security cameras that aren't plainly visible from the outside.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
did you say no? might get some handouts
After I said no, I was half expecting them to ask if they could install one if there were non others close by.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I got that, but was wondering what they said they were going to do with the information.
I didn't ask, after I said no they just said thank you and left. I assume they are just compiling a list so if something does happen again they will know where to start looking.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
After I said no, I was half expecting them to ask if they could install one if there were non others close by.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't ask, after I said no they just said thank you and left. I assume they are just compiling a list so if something does happen again they will know where to start looking.
They could just go around asking for footage after it happened though if that was the case. I bet it's more likely that they're looking for networked security camera systems to tap into.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Just tell them to check with the NSA...they must be hacked in/linked in to every security camera ( both interior and exterior) of every home and business all along the route.....I think it's all legal , they have a warrant for it

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They could just go around asking for footage after it happened though if that was the case. I bet it's more likely that they're looking for networked security camera systems to tap into.
Time would be crucial if an event occurred and it would make collecting the footage much quicker and easier if they knew where to go beforehand.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
62   1   0
More effort in PREVENTING an incident would be more productive than pre-arranging to steal people's personal data or commandeering their security systems.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They could end the commercial road race and save all of metrowest from a traffic nightmare. You could not possibly pick a worse road in this area for this stupid race. From Hopkinton to eastern Wellesley, you cannot go from south of the route to north or vice versa. There are no bridges over Rt 135 from 495 to Rt 128 area. It's a fricken mess and for a stupid commercial race.

A few years ago my mother was called in for emergency operation (she's a nurse). She needed to cross over Rt 135 to get to the hospital. Nope, the cop would not allow her to. So some poor person was in a very serious medical condition and in need of surgery but stupid race is more important. Person lived but could very well have died because it took 40 minutes extra driving to get around the marathon blockade.

End the marathon, problem solved.

Zarathustra11

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
More effort in PREVENTING an incident would be more productive than pre-arranging to steal people's personal data or commandeering their security systems.
This. They spend such an exorbitant amount of tax dollars and time trying to condition and control information and people, rather than doing their jobs and actually finding 'real' criminals. I have to paraphrase 'real' criminals because our government has gotten so good at training useful idiots and concocting their own false 'terror' narratives around them, one wonders the extent of their involvement in the majority of criminal activities that end up receiving national attention (Underwear bomber, Hutaree militia, Ruby Ridge, Fast and Furious, etc. all come to mind).

Last edited:

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Time would be crucial if an event occurred and it would make collecting the footage much quicker and easier if they knew where to go beforehand.
Yeah - they'll need to know where all the cameras are when they don't pay attention to their intel and let another bombing happen. The Russians had warned the US about the brothers before they bombed the marathon - the government ignored it. Now they're running around trying to figure out where the cameras are - in case there's more brothers' they've got intel on and have totally ignored?

Top Bottom