• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just Got A Caldwell Lead Sled Solo

A friend of mine just gave me a Caldwell Lead Sled Solo shooting rest. For Free! I can't wait to sight / Zero my rifles in on this thing. I will get back with some feedback but until then let me know what you think of them and any tips or tricks you may know how to make it better. I own 25lb shotgun shot bags so I have that already.

It's a tad wobbly but fire is free. Don't get it wet and keep the threads lightly lubed to prevent rust.

I have a Lead Sled DRT. Used it for sighting in and load testing my 12g slug gun. DEF worth it. I didn't even load it with lead. It was heavy enough on it's own to mitigate the recoil of the 3" slugs. I dig it. Cant comment on the Solo but I'm sure it'll do what it's intended to do.

I had the solo and now have the lead sled pro....
Led sleds are what they are for the money and do a decent job for most tasks.
When I'm actually going to test loads or mechanical zero a rifle I will use tiedowns and strap it to the bench. Even with weight they still like to walk.

I get to use one of these once and a,while and really like it.http://www.targetshooting.com/catalog/rifle-rests/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom