1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

"JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by copterdoctor, Oct 9, 2013.

1. tele_mark

tele_mark

Someday they can just follow orders to climb the stairs to the gallows.

2. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Exactly.

This is why the founders talked about a standing army as being one of the major threats to liberty - AND - why they promoted the milita system - with the militia NOT being directly reportable to the Federal government. The institution of the National Guard system - which happened right around the same time period when all sorts of other progressive changes were being instituted to this country - took that away.

And you see - the vast majority of people these days are too damn ignorant to even figure out why it was done.

A good contrast in how an actual liberty loving non-top down command society works (as opposed to the one we live in right now) - is how the Swiss high command acted during WW2:

From: http://davekopel.org/2a/OthWr/Target_Switzerland.htm ( good read BTW)

The Swiss high command basically said: " If we tell you to surrender - don't believe us".

You really think that would happen here? Doubt it. The political elite would make their deal with enemy - sort of like they've already done insofar as things like trade with China, cooperation with countries like Israel and Saudi Arabia, and "treaties" like NAFTA and the UN Gun treaty - and then they expect the rest of us to just go along.

And when we don't - we get beaten down - don't we?

This is why I laugh at people who start talking verbal diarrhea about how we still live in the "republic".

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Resistance to authority exists on different levels.

In order to resist - first you must mentally ackowledge that it is your right to resist.

Most people I've met - including a good portion of people here on NES - can't even mentally accept resistance.

That's the real problem.

4. Twigg

Twigg NES Member

Never read it through before, Good God cannot people think for themselves ???

5. Apathesis

Apathesis

Bravo, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Made for a bitchin' Peter Gabriel song. Look up "We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37)"

6. Apathesis

Apathesis

"Just following orders" is a bullshit excuse.

COMPLIANCE is compliance. Whether you are following orders or bullshit laws, you are a coward if you complain that you're only doing what you are told to.

7. warwickben

warwickben bubba Kalashnikov NES Member

I will not let my freedoms be taken from me. This stuff needs to end now . I lived in true fear for years growing up being abused over and over as a kid and I swore to my self I'll never let any one control me, have power over me ever again .
    I may not pull a trigger and kill a man but I will not go silently in the night.

1 person likes this.
  8. skeetshooter

skeetshooter

take our stuff back by siege. whos game?

9. warwickben

What's your plan?

10. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain

It was almost go-time for me recently at Friendlies. I got my burger, and it was well done. WELL DONE! Her response: just following orders. McMOLON LABE was my reply. Seriously... come and take them... I wanted medium well.

1 person likes this.
  11. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
    Was reading of a similar issues with a group of elderly people on a bus tour at Yellowstone. Locked down in there hotel for a few days and made to drive several hours out of the park non-stop ... I guess what I don't get is the hardline attitude of the Fed....Maybe a practice run for what should be coming in this country...a revolt! But unfortunately to many sheep...

12. whatluck

whatluck

I can't revolt tonight guys, South Park is on.

1 person likes this.
  13. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

Tomorrow? [laugh2]

14. Obie1

Obie1 NES Member

Methinks noted libertarian Claire Wolfe's quote from her great book, 101 Things to do While Waiting for the Revolution, is becoming obsolete:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." –

2 people like this.
  15. mark056

mark056 NES Member

Just saying it will not make it so, and frankly you don't know what you will do until you have reached your moment of truth. My friend, you are already controlled. If you pay taxes, have a gun license, get a building permit, or any one of literally dozens if not hundreds of things every day. You have already made your deal with the devil, the question is not allowing control over you, but where do you draw your line in the sand ?

1 person likes this.
  16. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

Yikes my head hurts already! [thinking]

17. warwickben

Dammit you got me on paying taxes and license and the little things.
    On the same train of thought every day I break little laws in one way or another the same as every one else. Most don't even realize they are .

I've found my line in the sand more then once in my life .
    I've had a cop beat the crap out of me when I was 16 at a punk show in Worcester cause "I was on drugs and resisting". when really I have a medical condition and slurred when I went to him to ask him for help since I could barely walk in a straight line and need help to get to my car and my meds .I wasn't a sheep I escaped the er lol and went back to confront him.

18. weekendracer

weekendracer

Don't attempt to speak for me as to what I will or won't do.

How about I make up stuff you'll do when 'the man' starts to come around. Keyboard commandos stand tall, you shall survive.

19. mark056

mark056 NES Member

No one is speaking for you, but I gotta tell ya that on my experience in living in over six decades, sometimes in trying and difficult circumstances, the most angry and indignant are frequently the ones that fold first. Now Frenchman makes a general statement based on his life experience as a professional soldier in a much tougher outfit than I was ever in and in shitty little places that you probably never heard of because they were part of the former French Colonial Empire but still turn to France for help. Lotsa little wars and "police actions" counter insurgency actions and such that just don't make the newspapers here. I can tell this though in places like that and even places where I've been, men are judged by what they do and not what they say. Nobody has called you out or accused you of anything, yet you are all angry and thin skinned. Why the tough guy posture and why take it so personally when the majority of people are sheep. Both my life and the lessons of history have proven this. Ya know we are all on the same side here ...I hope you are for the 2A. Why be angry at a potential comrade in arms? It just plumb doesn't make sense to me...just askin [wink]

1 person likes this.
  20. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Army Veteran

Milgram's Obedience to Authority Experiment 2009 1/3 - YouTube

I think that is the remake... Someone re-did the experiment a few years back, and people were much better this go around; several refused to continue much past the point the actor on the other end started asking for the experiment to stop, and I don't think anyone went "all the way"

21. Apathesis

Apathesis

Correct. They were discussing this on NPR recently. It seems many of the experiments seemed to prove the opposite of Milgram's famous example, as each test had results that varied from group to group.

22. squatch413

squatch413

Yup.

23. GunGrey

GunGrey Banned

First off you're eating at friendlies , she did you a favor with that well done burger.

1 person likes this.
  24. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain

Most of the shitty ones closed. I like this one.

25. bullseye

bullseye

Grid 17S with bugout longterm shelter and great fi
    This is a great read, folks take the time to understand this.
    Thanks Rick

26. bullseye

bullseye

But that is the scarey truth when your eyes and brain are locked and unable to manipulate on their own. Eyes forward, brain engaged, head on a swivel don't work for the populace. I certainly hope you are able to perform individual think, react and execution when a neg situation blinks, most citizens of this country have no ability to think under stress when decisions of friend or foe have to be made, nevertheless recognize when foe is nearby as they will be disguised as larry law coming to help you, wrong choices will be made and bags will be carried out. Reasons why I and my family moved.
    I can sincerely say this, I was at Bragg last night. There are some very, very, serious reservations about this current administration. Colors have been shown and there are many not liking what is being seen.

27. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

(The ghost of Jefferson also mentioned to buy more ammunition.)

28. NS_Northbound

NS_Northbound

More conservatives need to start realizing this and stop picking and choosing the opinions of the Framers and Founders. Because guess who gets to enforce crappy, evil laws?

29. bullseye

bullseye

Please read my above post. Read between the lines. There is a current internal struggle within the .mil with the current civilian authority. With the recent "sequestration" and now this, the.mil puts its ass on the line and get shafted first in line, case in point which is a huge topic of discussion today in the worlds largest Airborne and Special Ops base is, Why do our families take the big hit for the biggest sacrifice, many of the so called " posse members" are a tad fed up with what the civilian authority is throwing at them.
    There is a reason there has been a purge of Generals and admiral in the past few years, but the command structure below them is really pissed off.
    Figure it out folks.

30. edmorseiii

edmorseiii Navy Veteran

Bro, I love Friendly's! Call me next time, I'd love to freedom it up over a sundae.

Sent from my phone. now Free

1 person likes this.