Just finished cleaning the guns

Ok spent a few hours with one of my boys shooting the mosin and the M&P 15-22 out to 100 yards he hit the red more than me but it was his Mosin. I did get the M&P into the red at 100 with a red-dot so all is good. Was a great day to be at the range and was so nice to see many dads with their sons shooting today. We finished cleaning them and now it's time for a cold one.

Was 2 other Mosin shooters on the line today which was great to see M44's

We are going to shooting on Wednesday with my Mosin, anyone else with a mosin at BRP wants to have some fun come join us.

C

Last edited:
Kudos for the father/son time.

Had a great phone call with my dad today (living in FL, retired Army colonel, 27 year veteran combat pilot with 2 tours in Vietnam) and enjoyed making plans to shoot a Garand together this summer... if the CMP ever gets mine to me, that is!

If we time it right, we'll have 3 generations on the line for that, and will all enjoy a couple of cold ones afterwards!!

Common theme today, brought my old man to the range today. It's been about 15-20 years since he has been shooting and he enjoyed putting everything I had through it's paces.

I brought my two boys, my cousin Tim and his three sons. So 5 boys from 13 down to 6.
My cousin's sons have never fired a weapon, so it was a hoot. Started with a 10/22, then an AR in .223
Then an AK and finally a Mosin. The grins the boys had was priceless. My cousins son shot the AK and shouted "For the Glory of mother Russia!" was a fun day. The reaction the Mosin got was outstanding

Your leaving great memories in your son's mind, and your both enjoying the moment, there is not anything better than that, I love to here what America is about!

Ok spent a few hours with one of my boys shooting the mosin and the M&P 15-22 out to 100 yards he hit the red more than me but it was his Mosin. I did get the M&P into the red at 100 with a red-dot so all is good. Was a great day to be at the range and was so nice to see many dads with their sons shooting today. We finished cleaning them and now it's time for a cold one.

Was 2 other Mosin shooters on the line today which was great to see M44's

We are going to shooting on Wednesday with my Mosin, anyone else with a mosin at BRP wants to have some fun come join us.

C

what time you going to BRP wednesday? I just got home from australia a half hour ago..depending on if i get jet lagg i may go and try out a new mosin as well

Good to see so many guys getting out to the ranges!

"I love the smell of Hoppes #9 in the afternoon"!

Haha just read this now but i was cleaning my M&P 40 around the same time yesterday...put about 400 rounds through it with my wife....got home and lated everything out for cleaning...usually i use the REM Action Cleaner but this time i decided to try the CLP breakfree....it seemed to work very well...though it did take a long time and allot of fine tooth combing to get all the leftover cleaner and powder residue out of the little hard to reach areas of the LR and slide....

Anybody have any cleaner recommendations and any suggestions for cleaning and then removing excess cleaner from all the little hard to reach spots?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haha just read this now but i was cleaning my M&P 40 around the same time yesterday...put about 400 rounds through it with my wife....got home and lated everything out for cleaning...usually i use the REM Action Cleaner but this time i decided to try the CLP breakfree....it seemed to work very well...though it did take a long time and allot of fine tooth combing to get all the leftover cleaner and powder residue out of the little hard to reach areas of the LR and slide....

Anybody have any cleaner recommendations and any suggestions for cleaning and then removing excess cleaner from all the little hard to reach spots?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

About 50 Q tips! :)

Back
Top Bottom