Just curious

Does anybody know if there are any gun ranges in MA that lat you try out certain guns before you purchase? Not sure I wanna buy new without having fired a particular firearm. Thanks in advance

Does anybody know about how much American Firearms charges for a rental? I'm sure it depends on which particular firearm you choose, I'm looking at something in the 9mm range

American Firearm School in North Attleboro only requires a license for a rental. If I remember correctly, last time I was there (~2 years ago), it was $20 for an hour range rental, about $10 for a firearm rental (per hour I think), then ammo costs.

When I was there, I was checking out various 9mm pistols. They let me exchange what I was using a few times without an extra charge as long as I stayed within 9mm. I think I tried 92FS, Glock 17 and 19, and Sig 226 during my single rental. Not sure if they're still doing that or not, but it's worth it if they are.

SeanT said:
When I was there, I was checking out various 9mm pistols. They let me exchange what I was using a few times without an extra charge as long as I stayed within 9mm. I think I tried 92FS, Glock 17 and 19, and Sig 226 during my single rental. Not sure if they're still doing that or not, but it's worth it if they are.

Unfortunately, AFS now charges for each pistol even if the same caliber. Trying out a few different ones can get expensive pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, AFS now charges for each pistol even if the same caliber. Trying out a few different ones can get expensive pretty quickly.

Really? I havnt been there in years but my brother was there about 6 weeks ago and he was able to swap. Maybe they just recently changed their policy

The range at the S&W factory in Springfield used to (only S&W guns though, obviously). I have no idea what their current situation is though.

If you've got a couple of finalists in mind u can post a general area of where u live and what you'd like to try and someone may be willing to help you out...

Go green and post in the member's section that you want to try a few guns. Add in your location and offer to buy lunch and a beer after the range time, and I bet you get five responses before midnight.

peteyb said:
Really? I havnt been there in years but my brother was there about 6 weeks ago and he was able to swap. Maybe they just recently changed their policy

It's probably one if those things where it depends on who you get behind the counter but I know their official policy is to charge for each new rental now. The only reason I know that it used to be different is because they have a sign on the counter stating that they are no longer able to allow people to switch out guns of the same caliber for one rental fee. This was noticed my first time there around 5 weeks ago. YMMV, of course. I just didn't want the OP driving down there expecting to pay $10 to try 5 different pistols when it could end up being $50 plus ammo...

Back
Top Bottom