• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just curious, issues with potential buyers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PATRON, you must really want that rifle. Calling a lawyer for advice? Dude walk away and keep your self respect.

@kingston73, you asked for opinions on the topic, you got them. You never specified that all opinions had to be on your side.

Shake hands, walk away amicably and forget the deal ever happened. This is an adults only website isn’t it? Sound like a couple of GD 12 yr olds fighting over a soccer ball at this point.

It's not the rifle anymore it's the principle of the thing.I am lucky that most of the transaction that I have done on this forum were with stand up people who their word is their bond. If he would have told me that if he didn't get a better offer then he would sell it to me,but he agreed to sell it to me then started to play his game.How would you guys like it if that how you had to deal with people on this forum.

^^^ You know that we’d not like it, as displayed in our posts supporting yours. Once you went all attorney for advice well, you lost me there man. Way over the top. No money was exchanged. No paperwork was signed. There is no contract to be honored except people’s credibilty here. You sent a couple PM’s on a private message board, it didn’t work out. Make a mental note about the seller and move on.

^^^ You know that we’d not like it, as displayed in our posts supporting yours. Once you went all attorney for advice well, you lost me there man. Way over the top. No money was exchanged. No paperwork was signed. There is no contract to be honored except people’s credibilty here. You sent a couple PM’s on a private message board, it didn’t work out. Make a mental note about the seller and move on.
Cams pretty much encapsulated my entire feeling toward the situation. Such is life though, and it's not like you'll never find whatever was for sale again.

PATRON,
Wow buddy, you are really off your rocker on this one. I didn’t want this to dissolve into a pissing match but that seems to be the type of person you are. I’m not going to explain myself to you or anybody else, as I said I tried to do the right thing, made a mistake and you jumped down my throat over it. Now you scream like a child and threaten me with a lawyer?

kingston73, you created this problem by going back on your word. The "timestamp" thing is just your rationalization for why it's the other guy's problem. Second mistake was starting a thread accusing the other guy of a (your) lack of integrity.

My philosophy on NES deals is to be 100% chill whatever happens. It's not a deal until cash changes hands. So far everybody I have done business with has been the same.

Come to think of it, we should have an old fashioned dueling thread here. But with paintguns. Ten paces, one round each. Ticket sales are $5.00 for green members and $10.00 for non-green. Proceeds all go to GOAL or COMM2A or help run this site. Betting will be privately done beforehand in a dark alley.

Then we have a cookout, drink beer and enjoy the company.

Come to think of it, we should have an old fashioned dueling thread here. But with paintguns. Ten paces, one round each. Ticket sales are $5.00 for green members and $10.00 for non-green. Proceeds all go to GOAL or COMM2A or help run this site. Betting will be privately done beforehand in a dark alley.

I'm down. Time and place?

^^^^ Maybe MGnoob would allow us to use his new range. Someone gets a case of the ass, calls someone out, and it’s on. Good reason to drink, eat and have some fun with it. We all walk away with funny stories and hopefully the “duelists” can shake hands after and laugh about it over a beer.

The only way that I will stand down is if kingston73 honors our agreement.

Your choice bubba. It’s a free country. I can guarantee though that a lot of other members are already taking mental notes about both y’all just from your reactions to this. Good chance neither of you does another transaction here over this nonsense.

The only way that I will stand down is if kingston73 honors our agreement.

The way to have handled this if you really wanted the rifle would have been to agree to the higher price. That's what I would have done if I had really wanted the rifle. You just accept you're doing business with a dishonorable person and move on. Or decline the price increase and move on.

It's not the rifle anymore it's the principle of the thing
people have been killed over principle and hurt pride. frankly i'm surprised you spoke up at all and outed yourself as the other party.

I can guarantee though that a lot of other members are already taking mental notes about both y’all just from your reactions to this.
oh yeah, for sure. no one needs this bullshit.

Screw that. Pugil sticks in a sand pit, with football helmets and mouth guards. I went undefeated in boot camp... until my Senior heard me getting cocky and called up Private Henderson from another platoon. I was 6'1" - 215lbs and had been taking martial arts since I was 6.
Henderson was 6'6" and 280lbs. He should have been playing college ball somewhere, but he was too friggin stupid and could barely read and write. All of my skills mattered for shit in a fair fight. He walked into the circle and said " Dats right private, its really me ". I hit that sumbitch 6 times hard enough that anyone else would have been leaving on a stretcher. He shook it off and hit me on the side of the head so hard that I know I had a mild concussion, even with the helmet on.

^^^^ Great story.

Just trying to keep with the spirit of the site with a duel. Some of our members aren’t in the greatest shape and some are much “wiser” in age. A duel evens the odds between age & fitness vs youth and bravado.

Besides that, all it takes is one heart attack and having to dig a hole to ruin the burgers.

@PATRON, you must really want that rifle. Calling a lawyer for advice? Dude walk away and keep your self respect.

@kingston73, you asked for opinions on the topic, you got them. You never specified that all opinions had to be on your side.

Shake hands, walk away amicably and forget the deal ever happened. This is an adults only website isn’t it? Sound like a couple of GD 12 yr olds fighting over a soccer ball at this point.

This, jesus christ. It sounds like both parties here engaged in a due diligence/communications failure. Learn from it and move on (and both try to suck less next time) its that simple.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom