• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just curious, issues with potential buyers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious if anybody has had issues with potential buyers? I posted a sale thread and tried to do the right thing by taking people on the ordered they messaged me but one guy got really rude and nasty. I made a mistake in looking at the wrong time stamp and responding in the wrong order but why get mean about things? I guess I'm too old to understand the "modern" way of conducting yourself? I think this is what is called cyber bullying? Oh well, that's why I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

On a completely separate topic, are there states that classify air guns as firearms? I started wondering this when looking at a PCP rifle online and saw it had restrictions on where or shipped.

I'm just curious if anybody has had issues with potential buyers?
no, for a site where so much testosterone and bravado is flung around like a cow pie throwing contest, talking to people as their real selves as in setting up a deal from the classified...well, it turns out they are just good folks. never had a problem, every deal a pleasure. i even screwed up once and the guy was a gentleman and very understanding.

His attitude should make you happy that you saw his real side. If you really screwed up it's up to you to make it right.

Reactions: dEX
He had a rifle for sale I sent him a PM with an offer he accepted the offer,and asked when and where I like to meet him.Then some time latter he sends me a email saying that he was offered more money for the rifle could I go up in price.I replied that we had already made a deal,so he tells me that someone had PM him before me,and he had the choice of buying the rifle. I can't stand a person that will not stand by their word.Now he is saying I gave him a hard time.if some one sent you a PM before me then why did you accept my offer?I sent you a PM yesterday at 5;54 PM you replied at 7:10 ask the buyer to come on this post,and tell us what time he PM you,or we can ask the Mods to look into it for us.

Last edited:
I’d be pretty pissed if someone accepted my offer, began to make arrangements to pick up, and then later tried to start an auctioning process with me to get an extra 50.00 or whatever it was out of me. F that.

The icing on the cake is airing out the dirty laundry. Best move would have been keep mum and enjoy the few extra bucks. Not that I condone such behaviour. Money is nothing but crap anyways...

If the Op made a mistake about the time and decided to sell it to the first responder, he did the right thing. Doing the right thing does not include trying to get the first "buyer" to up his price...

I'm just curious if anybody has had issues with potential buyers? I posted a sale thread and tried to do the right thing by taking people on the ordered they messaged me but one guy got really rude and nasty. I made a mistake in looking at the wrong time stamp and responding in the wrong order but why get mean about things? I guess I'm too old to understand the "modern" way of conducting yourself? I think this is what is called cyber bullying? Oh well, that's why I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

On a completely separate topic, are there states that classify air guns as firearms? I started wondering this when looking at a PCP rifle online and saw it had restrictions on where or shipped.

Your first mistake was not listing on Gunbroker or some other auction site in order to land the highest bidder because that seems to be what you want. Of course the fees are higher there- certainly higher than $20 a year for unlimited listings. Your second mistake was violating the honor system protocol that is expected for this site and many others like it. If you had pulled this stunt on ar15.com or some other sites I know- you would have been hammered publicly rather than in private (until you made it public).

You should expect to catch some flak for reneging on the deal, regardless of your age. OK you made a few more bucks- only you can answer whether or not it was worth damaging your rep on this site.

I got burned when I bought my car for another grand over agreed upon deal. Real tool move to get an auction going. Go on ebay or gumbroker for that crap.

Thats a big fail on comprehension there Len...

Nope, I was addressing the OP's second (unrelated to Subject of this thread) point:

I had read Harshbarger's press releases and some cease and desist orders back when they were online (each AG purges these posts and creates a new AG website) back when non-MA dealers were getting threats of lawsuits from the AG. Knives and air guns were amongst the items the AG alleged to have run stings and then issued threats.

Nope, I was addressing the OP's second (unrelated to Subject of this thread) point:

I had read Harshbarger's press releases and some cease and desist orders back when they were online (each AG purges these posts and creates a new AG website) back when non-MA dealers were getting threats of lawsuits from the AG. Knives and air guns were amongst the items the AG alleged to have run stings and then issued threats.

Then I am responsible for the big fail. My apologies.

Here? No.

I've been jerked around several times selling higher-end knives on a knife board. Some guys are great. Others just want to dream on your dime.

"Can you hold that blade for a month for me. I've got to save up all of my CrefloDollaBills from the corner where I panhandle and it's gonna take me at least that long. So maybe two months."

"Yeah, if it sells in the meantime, it's gone. If it's still here in a month and you've got the $, it's yours."

Whether I'm nice or curt, they NEVER come through with the $. Ever.

Again, speaking on what I don't really know. NYC, NJ and RI I've "HEARD" consider air guns firearms. I know Amazon won't send them to Ma.

Only problem I’ve ever had is getting interest from people that don’t seem to be legit. I’ve also found there are a ton of green members who only post in the giveaways and classifieds.

Every single person I have bought/sold an item with on this forum have been great to deal with. Sounds like you tried backing out of a deal and should just own it.

If the Op made a mistake about the time and decided to sell it to the first responder, he did the right thing. Doing the right thing does not include trying to get the first "buyer" to up his price...
If he is so big on honoring the order of the timestamp....WTF would he have done if the first buyer DID raise his offer? Eh...screw over the earlier timestamp buyer???? I think it is self explanatory!

Some of you might think it's over kill,and tell me to get over it,but the more I think of it the more it starts to burn my ass.I am going to call my lawyer,and ask if that PM from him accepting my offer is a binding contract.

Some of you might think it's over kill,and tell me to get over it,but the more I think of it the more it starts to burn my ass.I am going to call my lawyer,and ask if that PM from him accepting my offer is a binding contract.

This is the type of post I like to read 1st thing in the morning! Please keep us updated with your pending litigation .

PATRON,
Wow buddy, you are really off your rocker on this one. I didn’t want this to dissolve into a pissing match but that seems to be the type of person you are. I’m not going to explain myself to you or anybody else, as I said I tried to do the right thing, made a mistake and you jumped down my throat over it. Now you scream like a child and threaten me with a lawyer?

Mods, feel free to lock this, I can see there will be no rational discussion here. I apologized and if Patron had handles himself better and been civil instead of attacking me immediately he would have had a better chance. As for everyone else, believe whatever you’d like. I know I tried to do the right thing and that’s really all that matters to me. As I said I’m not interested in trying to defend myself to a bunch of internet strangers but I can see why the modern online generation has so many issues if this is how people conduct themselves nowadays.

Just so my friend patron knows, I’m done with this posts and won’t be replying to it. I’m sorry you’re such a bitter person and I feel bad for you.

Separate topic, thank you all for trying to answer my second question. I’m really surprised by how difficult it is to buy an air gun here.

Last edited:
How about you do yourself a favor and drink some of your name sake and take a nap. I've heard old people love naps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom