Just curious. Has anyone had their non-registered rifles confiscated??

I wouldn't expect anyone to answer this as it would be an admission of guilt for failing to follow the laws regarding the requirement to notify the state on transfer of firearms ( or creation, I forget where the argument landed on what should happen when you finish an 80).

As a side note for us firearms owners, the Norfolk DA's office, and I believe the MSP as well, have a policy of requiring you to prove ownership of any firearms(sales receipt, FA-10 or equivalent), they have confiscated, in order to return them to you(DESPITE them having removed them from YOUR home or safe or person), after whatever ordeal you're put through.
I argued that there's no receipt for this particular .22 bolt rifle, since it's over 35 years old. They give <than zero ****s about logic, or about the time elapsed since purchased, NOR do they have any ****s to give about the fact that a firearm NOT reported stolen, is tacitly understood to be rightfully owned, according to Mass law or MSP policy(I forget, but I got the idea from researching this issue when taking possession of a friends firearms in time of duress for him), considering the penalty of NOT reporting stolen firearms is substantial.

I'll await confirm/correction by the post-reading legal eagles, rustling about in earnest here, Rob?
28912_122253134465071_122179094472475_223339_784474_s.jpg.gif

I don't expect anyone who's had something taken to reply here. I was more interested it making the news cycle, probably a local story. After all the hoopla about the many thousands of fellow owners who decided not to comply with the state's requirements, I just figured that someone would have been caught up and made an example of, that's all. I haven't seen anything to date. Doesn't seem that there has been any push by the gumbint to force those in non-compliance to comply.

Rome

As a side note for us firearms owners, the Norfolk DA's office, and I believe the MSP as well, have a policy of requiring you to prove ownership of any firearms(sales receipt, FA-10 or equivalent), they have confiscated, in order to return them to you(DESPITE them having removed them from YOUR home or safe or person), after whatever ordeal you're put through.
I argued that there's no receipt for this particular .22 bolt rifle, since it's over 35 years old. They give <than zero ****s about logic, or about the time elapsed since purchased, NOR do they have any ****s to give about the fact that a firearm NOT reported stolen, is tacitly understood to be rightfully owned, according to Mass law or MSP policy(I forget, but I got the idea from researching this issue when taking possession of a friends firearms in time of duress for him), considering the penalty of NOT reporting stolen firearms is substantial.

I'll await confirm/correction by the post-reading legal eagles, rustling about in earnest here, Rob?
View attachment 116712

If you are in this situation, contact Comm2A's help line. ie; email [email protected].

ETA: This thread is about CT laws and issues. I am replying to the guy talking about MA law... [thinking][banghead]

Last edited:
FWIW, I sent my EBR horseshit thumbprint paperwork in last December (TWICE: Certified and REGISTERED, all delivery docs in my possession), and STILL haven't gotten my "certificates" back. I've only gotten the "Dear Sir/Madam" magazine letter.

Back
Top Bottom