• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just caused an ANTI to get an "F" on their paper (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does MIRCS check the BOP, III, NICS, etc. every time an eFA10 is filed, or just is just verify the LTC is valid and rely on the background check done at time of LTC issuance, and the fact that an offense initiates a revocation? This is a subtle but very real difference.

MIRCS checks BOP and LTC validity. As I stated above, it legally can't check NICS and I'm 99.999% sure that it legally can't check III either.

Nice work by the OP. Fingerprints, Training Class, Extensive Background scrutiny, interview with LEOs and approval by COP, two non-familial letters of recommendation, up to 6 month waiting period and that is BEFORE anyone even steps into a gunshop to make their first purchase where they are subjected to further background checks each time. All to exercise a Constituionally Enumerated CIVIL RIGHT!

Imagine if the process to vote was that extensive!?!

McSame would have won - for good or bad...

So it is a state level background check only.

Yes, as I stated twice above.

No BG check is perfect. They'd need to analyze each person's complete (from birth) medical history and have the expertise to interpret the data, etc. plus III/BOP.

In most cases these days people that get in trouble legally are in their home state OR their home PD is notified/asked for info on the person by the PD looking for them or DA looking to prosecute them in some other location.

i was diggin' the fact you were trying to set the record straight but then you lost me when you became vindictive towards the kid. there's too much of that already from the leftists who now jump around and hoot & holler at almost everything i believe in.

Is it because every player gets a trophy or do you have a better reason? If you don't do your proper research then you fail. Not my problem

i was diggin' the fact you were trying to set the record straight but then you lost me when you became vindictive towards the kid. there's too much of that already from the leftists who now jump around and hoot & holler at almost everything i believe in.

maybe the Student can get a "participation medal" for submitting the term paper, even though it was full of "fake facts" that they didn't do research on...

and how the heck is giving a realistic grade, even if it's an "F", for a term paper based on the actual contents, quality, etc. end up being "vindictive".....when I went to school, you got the grade you earned and deserved, not a grade because of how it would make you "feel"...

A co-worker of mine is a part-time professor at a local college and he came in this morning to ask me "how is it OK for people in MA sell a gun person to person with no background checks?".

So far there is no indication what the term paper asserted. It could have asserted that there were in fact multiple background checks and the professor was asking since it ran contrary to popular perception.

He expanded and told me that one of his students wrote his term paper (no idea if that is what it is called) on "background checks" and "loopholes" here in the Commonwealth.

Again. While the student wrote a term paper on background checks and loopholes there is no evidence to suggest what position was taken.

I was kind enough to hand my co-worker, the professor, the GOAL flow chart that itemizes the hoops we jump through just to have a permit issued, then showed him the MIRCS EFA10 portal etc. and explained the process for person to person sales. I explained that MA is a "may issue" state as well.

"The hoops we jump through." I prefer to call them "loopholes," and if I were to write a term paper I would title it, "Loopholes At Every Twist And Turn In Massachusetts Gun Laws" and I would go on to explain what the GOAL flow chart illustrates and the hoops you have to jump through to get an LTC and I would explain Mass. law to the point that Len S and Rob Boudrie did in this thread. I would end the paper with the conclusion that the only way anyone without a background check can purchase a gun in MA is to break multiple laws. You can't buy a gun legally in MA without a background check.

Tl;dr: The hoops we are made to jump through are the loopholes.

I enjoyed knowing that this dope is hopefully going to get a little bit of extra scrutiny, hopefully a failing grade (fingers crossed).

Just wanted to share... silly moonbats.

Responses in bold.

Last edited:
maybe the Student can get a "participation medal" for submitting the term paper, even though it was full of "fake facts" that they didn't do research on...

and how the heck is giving a realistic grade, even if it's an "F", for a term paper based on the actual contents, quality, etc. end up being "vindictive".....when I went to school, you got the grade you earned and deserved, not a grade because of how it would make you "feel"...

Stop trying to be logical when it comes to libtards...

I completely agree with greencobra. I grew up in the Bible Belt South, but after living in other parts of the country and attending college outside of Chicago, my beliefs have changed where I think that freedom and liberty are not for me to judge as far as what is moral as long as no parties are unwillingly harmed. Kids these days CAN change their beliefs, they just need a good mentor, such as a good college professor who makes them THINK. I would give the student pointers after they submit their paper, then have them re-write the paper to show both sides of the argument and then have the student give their opinion as to which side of the argument they approve of. Then the professor can judge a real paper, and the student will learn something. If anything, it gets the student to think outside of their normal thinking, but the student doesn't have to change their beliefs. Also, it has the student start to question everything else they have been taught in life, which is what is good about college in general.

^^this

and to the OP of this thread, you are a failure to the firearm community, vindictive and petty.
Thanks for not helping ... because the 2A community is already too large, and we don't need any more support. [rolleyes]
I'm sure you was "never green" at any time. [rolleyes]

I completely agree with greencobra. I grew up in the Bible Belt South, but after living in other parts of the country and attending college outside of Chicago, my beliefs have changed where I think that freedom and liberty are not for me to judge as far as what is moral as long as no parties are unwillingly harmed. Kids these days CAN change their beliefs, they just need a good mentor, such as a good college professor who makes them THINK. I would give the student pointers after they submit their paper, then have them re-write the paper to show both sides of the argument and then have the student give their opinion as to which side of the argument they approve of. Then the professor can judge a real paper, and the student will learn something. If anything, it gets the student to think outside of their normal thinking, but the student doesn't have to change their beliefs. Also, it has the student start to question everything else they have been taught in life, which is what is good about college in general.

Thats a good idea. I used to always write my papers from both sides.

Let's stop hatin' on the OP.

IMO, we don't know if the "term paper" in question was a poorly-researched, but sincere effort, or a heavily-slanted anti 2A Moonbat screed.

If the first, then, yes, schadenfreude is not called for; if the latter, plagues of locusts (or flies, or boils....it's all good) are appropriate.

There's a difference between ignorance of fact, and advocacy under the guise of "research."

Until the OP posts the source material, we have no way of knowing. Reading the OP, and between the lines, I get the Professor being gobsmacked by the errors. If the OP shaded that in his favor, that's not to his credit; if the author was doing a liberal hatched job....that's worthy of execration.

I get where your coming from, but it's dawned on me in recent years being nice is what got us to this point.
If you want to fight by Queensbury rules while the other guy is swinging a bat , you WILL lose.

The only catastrophic failure here is your grammar.

^^this

and to the OP of this thread, you are a failure to the firearm community, vindictive and petty.
Thanks for not helping ... because the 2A community is already too large, and we don't need any more support. [rolleyes]
I'm sure you was "never green" at any time. [rolleyes]

The only catastrophic failure here is your grammar.

LMAO.

Butt hurt much ?

Thanks for proving how "petty you are", and how illiterate you are, you obviously didn't comprehend the reference to being "green", by your stupid comment in the neg-rep you gave. You said " go green yourself" .

The "green" reference flew over your head uh ? LMAO

Last edited:
catfight2-800x500.jpg

Not sure what just happened there - what other type of green do you have on NES?

IBTL

Not to defend or get involved in that mess but I believe Zeo was referring to being "green". A person new to an activity or sport with limited knowledge not our green as a supporter of NES.

LMAO.

Butt hurt much ?

Thanks for proving how "petty you are", and how illiterate you are, you obviously didn't comprehend the reference to being "green", by your stupid comment in the neg-rep you gave. You said " go green yourself" .

The "green" reference flew over your head uh ? LMAO

I'm not "Butt hurt". I was just laughing at the irony of your comment. You referred to me as "illiterate" while posting another comment full of grammatical failures.
I'm struggling to figure out why "petty you are" is in quotes for starters. I find it mildly amusing that you would attempt to criticize me for being "illiterate" while posting a giant run on sentence. If you have time to kill, do explain why my original post was "vindictive". This should be good.
When you start insulting people by calling them "a disgrace", don't be surprised if they respond in a vindictive way.
Just so you know, going "green" is a term commonly used on this forum. Going green means you have paid the 25 bucks for membership.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom