• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just bought my second Mosquito

I bought one of the first ones a few years ago and of course it was a POS and I got rid of it.

Still, I have coveted getting another one and Sig has re-released it with problems supposedly corrected.

With a price in the low 300's how can you not get one? It feels and looks just like a full sized Sig

I hope to get to the range before the snows set in.

My nephew got one at my insistence and he loves it. I bought a P22 for those times with a new/young shooter and although it is fine, I can't shoot it since it is not really adult male sized. The Sig OTH is big enough for me to shoot and I always snag his when I can. I guess I should get one of my own... [smile]

I love mine. It's half of my favorite range combo, I bring the Sig Mosquito and the GSG-5 and shoot a long time for short cash. Can't beat it.

I have one in all black. Serial number starting A06. I actually am thining of grabbing a two-tone tomorrow at FS and selling my black one to my friend.

When i research them back in April I was told that anything serial number A06 and newer had all the problems fixed. I never had any problems with mine. Now i believe they are in the F0xxxx range.

If my friend doesn't want it I'll probably put it up on the board for $225 to see if i can get rid of it before the new year.

Let me know how this one works for you... I wanted one, but the more I read about them, the more I was worried... I bought a Ruger MKIII instead...

I bought a Sig 232 all stainless made in Germany over the weekend. What a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

Cheers,

Rich

News Shooter, the SIG Mosquito was my first firearm, purchased earlier this year. One trip back to the factory with three magazines for spring adjustments and it was feeding reliably on a lot of varieties of .22LR. It definitely has its preferences though.

The best cost/performance I have come up with is Federal AutoMatch. Load them right out of the box ($14 / 325 rnds) and get good accuracy and one or two light strikes per box (that fire on the second hit). Feeding/ejection is excellent.

Federal Bulk Pack, lightly lubed, is surprisingly good also, though with more light strikes. And of course, you can't beat CCI MiniMags.

It is a fun pistol, and I love to have it at the range to shoot a few hundred rounds while the barrel of my AR-15 cools down enough to close the case. I've been liking this pistol a lot lately. [grin]

DSC00331-2.jpg

News Shooter, the SIG Mosquito was my first firearm, purchased earlier this year. One trip back to the factory with three magazines for spring adjustments and it was feeding reliably on a lot of varieties of .22LR. It definitely has its preferences though.

The best cost/performance I have come up with is Federal AutoMatch. Load them right out of the box ($14 / 325 rnds) and get good accuracy and one or two light strikes per box (that fire on the second hit). Feeding/ejection is excellent.

Federal Bulk Pack, lightly lubed, is surprisingly good also, though with more light strikes. And of course, you can't beat CCI MiniMags.

It is a fun pistol, and I love to have it at the range to shoot a few hundred rounds while the barrel of my AR-15 cools down enough to close the case. I've been liking this pistol a lot lately. [grin]

I agree. I have used all 3 types of ammo you listed I think. The federal bulk works only ok. I have never used it with the softer recoil spring though. Maybe that would make a difference. I did run one bulk pack of federals through one time without any issues. I think it was the federal match stuff you listed above. All i know is that it was a lead nose 40 grain 325 bulk pack I got at Walmart for about the same money. Didn't have one single problem in all 325 rounds.

Normally I run the CCI mini-mags will little to no problems.

After mine was broken in, (300 MiniMags) it will eat Federal bulk with the light spring - occasional problems with the heavy spring installed. It loves MiniMags!!

I bought this one after I sold my P22. The Walther was just too small for my hands, but was a reliable shooter (after some work). I like the almost full size feel, and it's accurate enough. I just need more mags, now.

A nice choice if you ever wanted a DA/SA 22. It will never replace my MkII, 22A, or 17; but it's a lot of fun to shoot. Lefty holsters are a bit difficult to find for it, too.

I bought one for the lady and I think the trigger is awful and it's picky with ammo. It looked relatively when I bought it from a NES member. Is there anyway to adjust the trigger on these? As far as the ammo i haven't tried a lot of different types, although it happens to like CCI (figures...$$$).

Back
Top Bottom