Just bought FS2000

Don't tell my 8 month pregnant wife.

Got it on gunbroker for far less than anyone quoted locally.

Pics when it arrives.

they go for quite a bit less on gunbroker or "transfered" than most places quote them out for in MA. Nice work on saving some coin.

I suggest getting one of these after you shoot it for a bit

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=309841761

it helps smooth out the pull and break of the trigger. A lot. Just by playing with friction coefficients. I've pretty much done everything you can to a fs2k and this was the best modification I did to it. Besides the single point sling.

I have had one for a long time. It is one of my favorites.

If, by chance.. you get a green stock, and would prefer a black stock, let me know I'd love to trade.

Wicked awesome. That was going to be my big rifle purchase but when the Tar-21 was announced for sale in the US I decided that I'm going with that. I agree though, the FS2000 is a solid battle rifle on a great platform. Good luck with it, I havent heard a single gripe about it yet.

Wicked awesome. That was going to be my big rifle purchase but when the Tar-21 was announced for sale in the US I decided that I'm going with that.

Have fun waiting for it, and overpaying for it when it comes out- although I'm sure they will have better production capacity than someone like Kel Tec does with the KSG, lol.

The only thing I didn't like about the FS2000 was it doesn't have a bolt hold open device. If it had one of those I would have bought it when it was first introduced.

The FS2000s trigger was "meh" but apparently there are parts you can get to improve it, but I will say the one I fired was slightly less terrible than a lot of the stock AR15 triggers. It was mushy but at least it was lighter.

-Mike

you can score them for ~$1300-1500 these days. I bought it right when it came out and it came at a $500 premium over current prices. Still not disappointed with it.

The trigger is a bit grainy, but the neu trigger helps that out. It still has the feel of a little bit of a "slide" but it is much better. It makes shooting at a distance much easier.

There is a manual bolt hold open- you can pull the charging handle into a nest where it stays open while you load a magazine. It's not automatic, though. And I fear every time I slap it down, the plastic CH is going to shatter.

Judo Chop (if you can get one, I have one sitting in my safe, last I heard he stopped making them, might want to check the FN forum)
Urban ERT sling (the best sling available for the fs hands down, bar none)
Neu-trigger (this will smooth it out, major)
Don't buy the fn rail. It f***s up the balance bad, not worth it at all. Look at the forum and do the light mod and/or search high and low for the ps90 foreend they made for it (stupidly rare but awesome).

Don't run it like an AR. Don't load it like it has a BHO. The reason why there isn't one is because it's a sealed gun. Same reason why the magwell is tighter than an 8 day clock. It keeps the junk out, dust, sand, dirt, etc, nothing gets in that gun. Run it like an AR, and you will have issues. Run it like a euro gun, and it will be flawless.

Last edited:
Don't buy the fn rail. It f***s up the balance bad, not worth it at all. Look at the forum and do the light mod and/or search high and low for the ps90 foreend they made for it (stupidly rare but awesome).

I second this opinion. I still have it on my rifle, but it does add a lot of weight. Not sure if the monolith rail was any lighter or not- I've never handled one before. So I couldn't recommend it with any confidence.

But the FN rail does add weight to the front. And one of the best parts about the bullpup is that it was weighted around the stock.

I was never a fan about the "flash light in the foregrip" mod. Then again, I don't think flash lights on rifles are worth a shit to begin with.

I second this opinion. I still have it on my rifle, but it does add a lot of weight. Not sure if the monolith rail was any lighter or not- I've never handled one before. So I couldn't recommend it with any confidence.

But the FN rail does add weight to the front. And one of the best parts about the bullpup is that it was weighted around the stock.

I was never a fan about the "flash light in the foregrip" mod. Then again, I don't think flash lights on rifles are worth a shit to begin with.

The monolith was super well balanced. If you ever spot one, buy the f*** out of it, you won't regret it. Magpul actually bought the patent from the original makers of monolith, but it hasn't amounted to anything yet. More magpul vaporware.

Judochop just released a new batch of handles. I would pick one up if you can.

With regards to the neu-trigger, doesn't that mean you now have a piece of metal floating around in your trigger group? I would think it has the potential to cause issues.

to the OP: you'll love the gun. It's one of my favorites. well built, balanced, reliable, SBR-length without the paperwork. What's not to like?!

I could have sworn I saw one in classifieds. I totally wanted it big time. It accepts regular AR/M16 magazines right? That's totally epic.

I had one.
The FN rail is for shit as it makes the rifle front end heavy.
The Judo Chop charging handle is the best, it fixes the weakest link in the FN FS2K system.

I liked the FN FS2000 a bunch it was my first bullpup, but i just liked the AUG (MSAR E4) a bunch more.
smitty

Its funny, cause I was just toying around with the idea of selling mine.

Realizing that the Monolith forend is akin to hens teeth... perhaps I'll knock her down the list of safe queens that need selling, especially now that there is a trigger mod out. It's the only part of the rifle I have a issue with.

IMG_0624.jpg

994985562209_0_ALB1.jpg

Its funny, cause I was just toying around with the idea of selling mine.

Realizing that the Monolith forend is akin to hens teeth... perhaps I'll knock her down the list of safe queens that need selling, especially now that there is a trigger mod out. It's the only part of the rifle I have a issue with.

IMG_0624.jpg

994985562209_0_ALB1.jpg

Wait...will you sell it? The forearm that is

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Last edited:
Wait...will you sell it? The forearm that is

Nope... if I ever do decide to sell it, the price for it will be $1650 and the rifle will come free with purchase of Monolith forend.

I was one of the first on the waiting list for those, many years ago. I'm glad I snagged mine when I did, my only regret was not buying 2 or 3 of them.

Nope... if I ever do decide to sell it, the price for it will be $1650 and the rifle will come free with purchase of Monolith forend.

I was one of the first on the waiting list for those, many years ago. I'm glad I snagged mine when I did, my only regret was not buying 2 or 3 of them.

Throwing this out again... If you decide to sell... If you want to swap your green stock for my black stock, let me know, the black may be a quicker sell.

Back
Top Bottom