• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just bought first press...

mcimma

NES Member
Soon, I will begin another hobby reloading. I just purchased a Lee Breech Lock Challenger kit and a set of Lee Pacesetter Rifle dies. I am planning on low volume 308 loading...Couple questions:

- Anyone have, or know of a tumbler kicking around that someone wants to part with?

- I primarily shoot Federal Premium Gold Metal Match 168 grain HPBT, does anyone know of a recipe that clones this???

Thanks for all the info...

You can buy a brand new tumbler from Cabelas for $50.00.

Make sure you get "The ABCs of Reloading", as well as a couple other data manuals.

try hobby shops for small less exprnsive tumblers, my cousin purchased a small rotory tumbler for rock polishing for 20.00 about hte size of a coffee can.

They use to use non-canister grade 4064 to load that ammo. Now I think they are using something from Alliant. It's loaded with Fed 210M primers.

If you are doing low volume and want to save some money, just wipe the case down after sizing. Bolt guns are not real dirty and you can get several firings out of them before the get real grungy. If I'm doing small batches for testing or farting around I'll load them a couple times to save the hassle of cleaning them.

B

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated. I just setup my decap and resizing die. What is the preferred method for lubing the cases, spray lube or apply with finger?

To start with, Im going to do mostly case prepping to get used to my press then I will move to powder and seating...

If I was doing just a couple hundred cases, I would use a lube pad and wipe after sizing. Any more than that goes into the tumbler. Then I tumble all my completed cartridges.

Best of luck and read as much as possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom