Just bought a special edition 1911, dont know which one though...

I went to Four Seasons to pick up my Beretta 92FS and low and behold they had a S&W 1911 SC that I have been trying to find for so long and it was un-fired.

Come to find out it is some sort of special edition, it is two toned (look at link), it has some sort of factory magwell and it has an emblem on the grip. There was hand writing on the tag from the store but I couldn't read the hand writing.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...r-April-2010?p=1383982&viewfull=1#post1383982

Obviously I'm itching like hell to find out what I have beyond the regular 1911 SC. If anyone can help out please do so.

Thank you!

I love me some Smith and Wesson 1911's! Looks almost like the full size Doug Koenig but I have no idea what that particular one is. I will be sticking around to find out though!

It doesnt have the speed trigger so I didnt think it could be the Doug Koenig but I could very well be wrong.

The barrell is 4.25 vs the full size 5 inch barrel. It is the perfect weight and size to carry (if I ever can). Dont qoute me but I think my full size 1911 is 39 ounces and this model is somewhere around 28.

Could be a Camfour special edition - I think they are/were located in MA and they had a few lightweight editions.

The Compact ES is only 7 rounds, my pistol is 8 rounds.

It looks like I purchased a Camfour edition. I am going to do some shopping and see how rare they are and see if it should be a safe queen or if I could just carry/shoot this thing whenever I please. I hope it's an everyday gun so I wont feel too guilty using it alot. First I buy the full size when I should of got the PD then I buy this SC and if it should be saved....ugh.

Aside from the gold bead sight, ambi safety, magazine well and two tone....what does this pistol have that a regular 1911SC doesnt? Is this pistol safe queen worthy or is it a regular 1911SC with a few normal extra's?

I have looked for the offical spec list and I cant find anything, S&W doesnt list anything related to this pistol whatsoever. I have also read a difference from the advertised specs of S&W vs what Camfour has to say. From what I can peice together I guess there were between 100 and 300 of my pistol made and production stopped a few years back. On 1911fourm.com people say it's a limited edition pistol not really a safe queen. I think the edges are smoother then the normal 1911 as well.

Pretty cool find if I may say so myself.

P.S. In regards to the serial number you guys are locating.... "The Camfour 1911 shown on the S&W website is SKU 150102, not 150109."

That's an old post, a few years ago. I'm going to look into the 150102 model.

Last edited:
I think what you're describing (link doesn't show anything for me) is a gun I used to own. Was it a bare stainless slide with black alloy frame, magwell, ambi safety, skeletonized and walnut grips? If so, that is indeed a Camfour special edition. It's a nice gun but it's not that special. IIRC it has a match trigger and some other nice stuff but would be equivalent to an S&W Pro series, not a Performance Center. I will say mine was completely reliable and quite accurate. I only sold it because I wanted a full-sized all stainless and bought a SIG GSR Revolution Target to replace it.

When I get home, I'll post a picture of the one I had.

Obviously I'm itching like hell to find out what I have beyond the regular 1911 SC. If anyone can help out please do so.

Thank you!

Don't take this the wrong way, but do yourself a favor and figure these things out before you buy the gun. Its only a matter of time before you get burned. I got burned bad on a shotgun because of this. Take it from me.

The Compact ES is only 7 rounds, my pistol is 8 rounds.

It looks like I purchased a Camfour edition. I am going to do some shopping and see how rare they are and see if it should be a safe queen or if I could just carry/shoot this thing whenever I please. I hope it's an everyday gun so I wont feel too guilty using it alot. First I buy the full size when I should of got the PD then I buy this SC and if it should be saved....ugh.

It's not going to be rare enough to not shoot it.

Jaypap - That's all I really needed to hear.

JackDaniels - Thanks for the honesty and what you are saying did cross my mind before I purchased the gun. All I wanted was a base modelSC or PD....the fact that it was above what I wanted did not make me want the gun anymore or less. Your advice does make sense and would of made me feel silly if I wanted a special edition and didnt know the difference from a base model but all I wanted was the base model SC/PD. I figured I was getting more then I wanted and I was happy with the price as if it was a base model.

This was mine. As I mentioned, it was sold awhile ago.

1911_1.jpg

The frame is scandium alloy which really means it's an aluminum alloy with some scandium in there.

Back
Top Bottom