• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just bought a 10/22*

*In the waiting period right now

Got it super cheap, man these things are hard to find. For such a popular gun you would think they would be more ubiquitous!

I think the first thing I'm going to do is swap out the stock...though i don't know if i want to do a M1 Liberty Training build or throw an Archangel Target Stock on there

decisions, decisions..

Congrats. I would say shoot it as-is for at least a few hundred rounds or so until you can see what you really want to improve. Must-haves for me at the auto bolt release mod and a better trigger.

Congrats. I would say shoot it as-is for at least a few hundred rounds or so until you can see what you really want to improve. Must-haves for me at the auto bolt release mod and a better trigger.

+1. If it's an older one with the flush mag release, the new style is another must-have upgrade, but it sounds like you bought new. These are both easily done yourself.

I have one set up as a liberty training rifle and the takedown version. Both excellent rifles and lots of fun.

As already discussed any of the mods you want to do are easy. I will tell you right now the stock sights on the gun suck! Either drop on optic on it or change out the sights quickly as it is a lot more fun.

Do you mean a Blue Card for the ability to own a handgun? or an actual carry permit.

I don't have a blue card yet, and I doubt i'll try to get a carry permit as the police have little clue of their existence here.

I believe a waiting period doesn't apply if you have a carry permit, no?
The waiting period should be waived for a town-issued carry permit, but not for an AG-issued permit. There was legislation introduced last year to fix that, but it died in committee.

Also, not every gun store follows that law, particularly the chains like Dick's.

Since it was mentioned by the OP, the blue card does not apply to long gun purchases, only handgun. And it does not qualify you for the waiver of the 7-day waiting period.

reference: RIGL § 11-47-35.1 and § 11-47-35.2(c), § 11-47-35.1(b) through (h) for the blue card

The waiting period should be waived for a town-issued carry permit, but not for an AG-issued permit. There was legislation introduced last year to fix that, but it died in committee.

Also, not every gun store follows that law, particularly the chains like Dick's.

Since it was mentioned by the OP, the blue card does not apply to long gun purchases, only handgun. And it does not qualify you for the waiver of the 7-day waiting period.

reference: RIGL § 11-47-35.1 and § 11-47-35.2(c), § 11-47-35.1(b) through (h) for the blue card

Thanks and +1, good to know.

Well I had to go back and do a few things because the idiot at Dicks had his head up his ass and didnt charge me

he pulled a gun from the back, then started telling me that they were impossible to get, and if i didnt buy the gun in his hand right then and there i'd probably never get one
well the model they had in back is what i wanted so i figure, buy it, then wait
turns out thats not the case and its somebody elses gun, and that they would order one for me.

The boss told me they had to reprimand the guy numerous times because he constantly misleads customers

anyways, ended up paying $160 plus tax for it, cant wait until it comes in

Back
Top Bottom